How stiff is yours?

Timeless

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new board. Given that I wanted a fast free-ride board to ride with my mostly skiing friends I went for the 164 Ride Timeless (05-06 model). I had read the review and was expecting this to be really stiff compared to my current M3 Discord (more free-style).

So having bolted on the bindings and doing a little indoor test (bouncing around the family room floor), it seems to be way softer than my M3 which made me wonder if the M3 is really incredibly stiff or is the timeless less so than I had heard.

Anyone else ridden either of these as a comparison to their boards? It was an interesting comparison for me and now I can't wait to try the new one out on the snow.

Final note : while I am a big fan of mail order, the place I got this from (ski's.com, aka summitonline.com) cannot be recommended. The packaging it came in was laughable and it has a big scratch in the base that looks like it didn't happen in transit. I got it for a good price, but not a good online experience.

On the other hand, Sierrasnowboards.com. great service, great price on the new (Ride) bindings and a free board bag. All well packed and delivered as promised, highly recommended.

you need to take it out on snow.

you cant put together a picture of the torsional and longitudinal feel in the nose, tail, and under and between the inserts at home

unless youre a yeti or snowman of some sort.

i have a feeling the ride will have the torsional rigidity to make up for the disparity you feel now. also, take note that ride softened the timeless last season.

not to be a dick, but M3 is junk. Ever since they were bought by (can't remember the name) teryaki company the stuff is junk. Not the same boards that were super hyped like 5 seasons back. m3 now is along the same lines as morrow, 5150, lamar. nice to see they are being resurected as m4 though.

anyway, your timeless will so outride the m3, just wait till its on snow

not to be a dick, but M3 is junk. Ever since they were bought by (can't remember the name) teryaki company the stuff is junk. Not the same boards that were super hyped like 5 seasons back. m3 now is along the same lines as morrow, 5150, lamar. nice to see they are being resurected as m4 though.

anyway, your timeless will so outride the m3, just wait till its on snow

I have to disagree. I had an 03 M3 Cap and i beat the shit out of it and i can still pull that baby out and rip on it like the day i bought it. They are war horses man, and yes my model was produced while under the ownership of that oriental terriaki sauce conglom. And last i checked that man does not own them anymore. I heard that when m3 sort of went under about 2yrs ago he sold the company to some of the riders who still wanted to ride under the m3 name. Correct me if i am wrong of course, but i am pretty sure sauce man is out of the picture. Besides, he was only collecting checks, he had no say over where the company was heading. Simply an investor from the reading i have done.

not to be a dick, but M3 is junk.

if you've ridden one, and can usefully compare it against other boards then this is useful.

If you haven't then, well you said it.....

I have to disagree. I had an 03 M3 Cap and i beat the shit out of it and i can still pull that baby out and rip on it like the day i bought it. They are war horses man, and yes my model was produced while under the ownership of that oriental terriaki sauce conglom. And last i checked that man does not own them anymore. I heard that when m3 sort of went under about 2yrs ago he sold the company to some of the riders who still wanted to ride under the m3 name. Correct me if i am wrong of course, but i am pretty sure sauce man is out of the picture. Besides, he was only collecting checks, he had no say over where the company was heading. Simply an investor from the reading i have done.

you are correct, they were run from another investor, though the riders still didn't have any control. Blaise R (cleverly in my opinion) formed his own company (cold sports distribution) to market the products without having any stake in the M3 brand. In doing so he built the team which he can now take with him to M4 (through Elan) without any legal wrangling over the old company.

What happens to M3 now is anyones guess.

It'll be interesting to see how they compare on the snow, the discord has been a solid first board for me, it's taken an awful lot of crap from me during my first years and still looks and rides well (IMO). I hope I am as pleased with the new one in 2 years time.