nastar championship

beachiegirl2ski

A racing parent just told me last weekend that if you are taking a kid out of state here in PA that there is some type of exemption or justification in travel like that. That it is educational... I understood the gyst of what I was being told, but I do not know how it works, or how true it is.

I recieve threatening letters from the schools on a regular basis for my kids unexcused absences. I ignore them. If they want to take us to court and spend our tax money that way.......

I look at it this way. No public school teaches life skills like travel does. Interaction with the complexities of travel plus a new area is a skill learned, well worth missing a few weeks of school. not to mention the physical benefits versus the fattening of america in front of the TV's and now computers :D

NJSkiFamily - the nastar championships is something to experience. It is the worlds largest race or so they say. WHen they have these races in these towns like Park City and Steamboat, it literally takes over!! On the plus side it is very family oriented and recreational, sure the competition is there. It's a great atmosphere.

I recieve threatening letters from the schools on a regular basis for my kids unexcused absences. I ignore them. If they want to take us to court and spend our tax money that way.......

From them and everyone else :lol

Its called a family illness, or something of the like. If they asked what happened, say its personal ;)

Does Steamboat ski area have lit trails for night skiing? :confused

Not at Steamboat, unless it has changed, very few western places have night skiing. Keystone CO does Park City UT .....

I think the Nastar nationals would be cool. My only complaint is that they have the Bronzes race with the Silvers. I qualified because I'm #1 in the bronze division at Blue mountain but in the brochure it said that I'd also be racing against the silvers...

I qualified on twins in the silver division. It wouldn't be fair for me to strap on a race ski and race, but I am thinking about it :devil:

you can go in mine..... for a price :naughty

I'll give you.....

my friendship for life, if I can go in your luggage. I'll just leave a little post-it note for my parents.

"Mom,Dad- I went on vacation and will be home,uhh sometime soon. Don't call. Love your daughter, kristin"

They won't care at all

If I left that post-it note to my parents, they'd be raising the roof and doing the harlem shuffle. :banghead

uhh mine too. they would have the police lookin for me. They might even be soo pissed that they would have the cop arrest me haha

I know it sounds corny, but just getting invited really is quite an honor. I'm just delighted they enjoy it and are showing some talent.

The first year we qualified it was a nice feeling. The NJSkifamily would have a blast mingling with the Olympic stars and racing directly against them. When they earn a handicap against an Olympic skier, they know it's the real thing. And, these guys will autograph anything. I hope you get to go one of these years.

i just got 2 educatiol trip forms signed, teachers, and everyone else know u are just going on vacation, i got one signed for states on friday and going out west the 15th, 16th and 17th, all excused, i have to get them done so i can graduate this yr and not next b.c i'm missing so much school