Worst day of my life 2/26

asored2006

I pulled into the parking lot at 4 and pulled out at 4:35...

did two runs and and saw my reflection the entire time when i looked down...

Weather: High today of 30--a flurry this morning then partly sunny. Surface: Machine Groomed, Packed Powder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowmaking: Yes, Yes, again this evening--low of 13. :confused

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Events: EPSC RACE THIS MORNING ON RACEWAY!!!! GREAT MID-WINTER CONDITIONS FOR RIDING AND SKIING!!!! .... :no

ice.jpg

You're too picky, this is PA...be happy that the temps are cold enough to preserve the snow. Was Blue mountain crowded today? What runs did they blow snow on overnight?

I know, i know... its my fault for going late. i just had to vent. it actually wasn't crowded at all. i waited like 3 minutes in the singles line of the quad. not sure where they blew snow at. i did a run down Razors which in my opinion should have been closed and then Lazy Mile into the lower park. That was it. I love Blue, i was just fired up... i knew i was gonna get slammed for this one.... :D

Screw that if Razors is ever closed, just for being icy, I'm poaching it and if I'm chased, getting in my car and leaving. I can run mad fast in my ski boots, alot faster than security. Next time Razors or any run seems icy, hug the far left or right side of the run for more edgeable snow. A favorite thing of mine lately is skiing the right side of challenge. On the top section where there are the big blue buckets, try to hockey stop snow onto them. If you're successful you'll hear a mad steezy sound. Kind of like darts I guess but with a sound... :banghead...Save the worst day of my life title for when things are really bad, like if they run out of croissants at Dunkin Donute.... :banghead doh

haha.. i hear that. i was just so fired up that i went up there so late....i should have totally expected it. i'm better now. ok, wasn't the worst day of my life.....

I pulled into the parking lot at 4 and pulled out at 4:35...

did two runs and and saw my reflection the entire time when i looked down...

Weather: High today of 30--a flurry this morning then partly sunny. Surface: Machine Groomed, Packed Powder

Snowmaking: Yes, Yes, again this evening--low of 13. :confused

Special Events: EPSC RACE THIS MORNING ON RACEWAY!!!! GREAT MID-WINTER CONDITIONS FOR RIDING AND SKIING!!!! .... :no

ice.jpg

Dude, I was up there this afternoon too.... Conditions are definately not good. Trying to hold an edge on the ice is almost impossible. Took 2 runs and called it quits. VT was ugly on Tuesday and Wed. last week, but compared to Blue, Killington's conditions seem epic. It's not Blue's fault, this winter just f***n' blows all up and down the east coast.....let's hope for a couple of March dumps this year to salvage what is shaping up to be one of the crappiest seasons, for conditions, I can remember.

The problem was that the wind was blowing straight up the MT and any loose snow got blown away leaving the ice uderneath, and b/c it was warm yesterday and it all froze

it was the windiest i've been you could go straight down any of the runs and be hardly moving b/c of the wind resistance

--Yankees Suck--

i'm surprised things deteriorated that quickly. i went to blue saturday morning and conditions were great. razor's edge and main street/barney's bumps were particularly excellent. i guess the warm afternoon and high winds later in the day screwed things up for sunday. there were also a lot of people even early in the morning.