SHOWDOWN Halfpipe Competition

Bear Creek PR

Tommorow night will be the final event in the SHOWDOWN series, a Halfpipe Competition. Registration takes place from 4-5:30 at Guest Services and is limited to 30 competitors in each division. The event will start at 6. Immediately following the Halfpipe awards ceremony, we will be annoucing the overall winners of the SHOWDOWN series.

The competition will be judged on the following three criteria:

1. Overall Impression

2. Trick Attack (variety/difficulty/execution)

3. Technical (take off/landing, amplitude, speed)

Each competitor will get two runs and the best combined score wins.

even though i wont be there.... i agree. its never combined score. that pretty muich says that if you fall once you are done. best of two is the way to go. thats how all the other comps were... dont change it now.

also, please judge style. you cant give the same score for somebody who throws a 5 with a grab and a regualr 5. that has the way it has been all year. the judges need to start recognizing that shit.

Ok guys, here is the info. We are considering postponing it. Chuck (who runs the comps) just got in a few minutes ago. We're going to take a look at the forecast, check out some other possible dates and get back to you with a final decision within an hour.

Also, the judging criteria I posted earlier is not correct- your score will be determined by the best of two runs. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Mary

Edited by Bear Creek PR

Skiers (expert Division)

1) Brian Hammil

2) Kevin Thomas

3) Park Crue Andy

Kevin won the overall comp. thats so freakin sick. overall, tonight, he won a full outfit from Pretator (jacket and pants), $900 for the Ski Bum, and a new pair of Rossi Scratches... i'm so freakin jealous.