Pa Cups

skidude

Well, didn't go over too well for me.

Friday was GS, and I just didn't go very fast. Uhh not really remembering too much else about it.

Satruday was SL, and again I didn't do very well. However at the end of my second run, I did start to ski it better, and uhh not completely suck (but just for those few turns).

First run the course (actully, guys/girls course) well the guys course was set with a lot of combinations...Mainly an undergate, going into a hairpin (tho not an undergate hairpin)...and an undergate 3 gates from the finish. R. Detrick who was either number one or 2 for points going in, DSQed first run, by hiking a gate he missed...Except he hiked a girls gate, not the one he missed (apparently)

Today was another day of GS. My first run wasn't very good, maybe a little better than Fridays. I was told by a coach to "stop thinking, and stop caring, just ski"...so I tried as hard as I could not to think about anything in the race...Even in the starting gate, I was doing my best to think about other things...And then I started having a reallly reallly good run. The something went down, and I fell (tho it was an extremely weak fall) probably 3/4s the way threw the course. Still very happy with the run, because I have been waiting for a run that felt good, all year, and that did up to where I fell)

Not sure how anyone else did on this board....

TJ, Missy?

i skied bad in every run this weekend

p.s adam u skied well b.c my pep talk about u being the anteater and you neeed to go arounf the gates to get the ants

my pep talks always work

Edited by skierboi

i skied bad in every run this weekend

p.s adam u skied well b.c my pep talk about u being the anteater and you neeed to go arounf the gates to get the ants

my pep talks always work

I completely tuned you out man, cause I wasn't about to start thinking about the course :lol

"I was told by a coach to "stop thinking, and stop caring, just ski"

I can't even begin to tell you how much I agree with that coach, 'Dude. On a much tinier, less important scale, I got bitten by this very same thing AGAIN. I had to finish 2nd in my Age Class yesterday, to move ahead of someone in the season-long standings. No huge deal, but just a goal to finish second overall, after being third last year. And what happens? Nobody else at TWood was in my Age Class. So all I had to do was finish. Making sure you "just finish" is so Fing slow...

For example, you have to sense the ruts, not think about them. Let your mind quickly recognize them, but get your mind beyond them. It's been drilled into me to start looking three gates ahead. The idea is to have that imagine quickly register in your mind, making your muscles take that line on auto-pilot.

Thinking is for practice days.

Schlopy always complained that he thought to much...Bode once said that the perfect skier would have Schlopy's body and Bode's head.

What is it right now? 26 days until you beat Ligety?

Yeah, thinking is for practice days, and I know I go faster when I don't think. But today was the first time I really tried and really worked on not thinking. Going to have to try to do that more often. Especailly after a I have recently had a few very good days in practice, so I know im able to ski well(er)

If you say 26 days, then its 26 days :)

Well, your last run was a Rahlves run, you don't finish, but it was one of your best runs

Yeah, 'Dude, I forgot about that. The really bad crash last year that Rahlves had in GS, right before the finish...he caught air and launched. He said it was the turning point in his GS career. He said he had decided to find his limit and go past it. To stop thinking and just let it all go. He said it was the best GS run of his career and it changed his skiing.

friday-not a good day, i don't even know how but i got extremly late, and then fell on the 3rd gate of the head wall. not a horrible fall but painfull, i spent most of saturday working on getting my range of motion back(didn't race saturday)

Sunday- much better day, no falls and two half good runs. the first one was very conservitive, with one of the slowest times i think, then my second run was 100% better,

luckly my mom wasn't there, but my dad was right next to my fall and i started freaking before i stoped sliding and he was like miss just calm down but all i wanted was my ski off(yet again my left ski didn't release).

sadly i won't be here for that race, the marching band has to go to Flordia, i'm kinda upset, i really want to go but a whole week away from my parents with some of my closest friends my sr yr isn't looking all that bad