Bear Creek Pond Skimming

Bear Creek PR

It's that time of year again! Bear Creek will be holding our annual Beach Bash & Pond Skimming on Sunday, March 19th at 1pm. Participation is free and costumes are encouraged. Registration will take place until noon at Guest Services. (Although we have no age requirements, participants under 18 must have a parent/guardian signature to participate.) Specators welcome!

Edited by Bear Creek PR

No, I mean lift tickets. Will they be regular price or discounted?

Good question!

Its nice that you are letting any age do it, unlike Camelback whos being irritating on only letting OLD (haha over 18) people do it :rofl

Yes, it is true that the pond is almost 80 feet long. It will be located at the base of the halfpipe. Participants will actually ski/ride through the pipe and across the pond at the bottom.

Also, there is no cost just to watch, but if you will be skiing or riding you'll need a lift ticket and they will be regular price.

That is a great spot to have it. Are you planning on changing the way of making the pond this year? I remeber last year the tarp ripped a couple of times. Also, 80 feet seems like a really long way to skim with the amount of spped we will have.

Well if you crouch and flatline it you could probably make it especially if you just did a HUGE tailpress across it all.

Do you think people will skip the costumes and focus on getting across the creek or are we going to see Big Bird on skis? You guys better take a ton of pictures. And try to think of me suffering through a children's birthday party while you all are having a blast on one of the last ski days of the season.

Probably not, but I'm going night skiing at Bear once or twice next week.

Yeah, us too cause we have 6 free passes now. It also only takes us 25 minutes to get to BC, so we can go after work. Does anyone know if the jumps and banked turns are back on Timberline?