Last night of night skiing/boarding 03-11-2006

mtnbiker99x

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i guess you'll just have to make the hour drive to montage. luckly you.

Took some spring runs at camelback yesterday -Thanks to Ski Patrol /Shawnee MS Bonnie! Beautiful day for a long sleeve-T (some bikinis and grass skirts for the beach party girls! :rock ) Heavy mashed potatoes and good practice for the pond skimming thing tho! I got a beef with Their NASTAR guys, the web said NASTAR til 4, Mrs. SnowBunski is on a medal mission so we get to the shack at 2:40 and the kid in the shack say they're just goin til 3, come back tommorrow. I say thers noone on or waiting to run or lift lines, we can get a few runs in by 3 (I need 3 for 100 NASTAR runs this year) he says so sorry , they end sign ups at 2?!?!?? :nono I see a couple of camelback vests 1/3 down the course standing around and ski over to ask them WTF?!?! The one tells me that they end at 3 sharp and he means it no more sign ups, my reply is it makes no sense. He rudely exclaimed "it would if you had to work here"?!?!? :banghead OOOOh, yeah must be pretty tuff skiing and and setting/breaking down the course in 60d weather. Is management that miserable up there or is this how they treat thier customers :confused ...certainly doesn't do much to promte NASTAR or their area... We saw the Steeze- mobile ( DE plates black H2?) loading up on our way out and tried to swing around to say Hi but he pulled out like 2 cars in front of us...

Mbike.....

I, too, thought it was odd that the cb website showed a 4pm close for NASTAR. And I've never heard about needing to have signed up by 2pm???? I thought that if you hadn't signed up in the cafeteria by a certain time that you just had to sign up at the start gate.

My husband was the final person down the course and that was at around 2:50pm.

So if you showed up at 2:40 you should have been able to sign the form and take a run or two. But I heard there was a new person running the start gate around 2:15pm.

And they were running out of medals. My son got one of last year's pins and my daughter got a "platinum" pin instead of a silver.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty lame - especially since my wife, my son and I already had registration #'s. It was just really frustrating, even my younger daughter was game for a run, it would have been a great end of this season for her and a big confidence booster... The kids wouldn't have cared so much about the meadal but Mrs SnowBunSki would've been bummed if she didin't get a Camelback medal for her to add to the collection!.. The guys attitiude (not the kid at the starting gate) was just sooo bad...It's too bad when people who hate their jobs -especially cool easy jobs!!!

Took some spring runs at camelback yesterday -Thanks to Ski Patrol /Shawnee MS Bonnie! Beautiful day for a long sleeve-T (some bikinis and grass skirts for the beach party girls! :rock ) Heavy mashed potatoes and good practice for the pond skimming thing tho! I got a beef with Their NASTAR guys, the web said NASTAR til 4, Mrs. SnowBunski is on a medal mission so we get to the shack at 2:40 and the kid in the shack say they're just goin til 3, come back tommorrow. I say thers noone on or waiting to run or lift lines, we can get a few runs in by 3 (I need 3 for 100 NASTAR runs this year) he says so sorry , they end sign ups at 2?!?!?? :nono I see a couple of camelback vests 1/3 down the course standing around and ski over to ask them WTF?!?! The one tells me that they end at 3 sharp and he means it no more sign ups, my reply is it makes no sense. He rudely exclaimed "it would if you had to work here"?!?!? :banghead OOOOh, yeah must be pretty tuff skiing and and setting/breaking down the course in 60d weather. Is management that miserable up there or is this how they treat thier customers :confused ...certainly doesn't do much to promte NASTAR or their area... We saw the Steeze- mobile ( DE plates black H2?) loading up on our way out and tried to swing around to say Hi but he pulled out like 2 cars in front of us...

For nastar, its run 1-3. The website says 4 because who ever is incharge of that doesn't know what there doing. You are supposed to sign up in the west caff (main one) before 12, (there is a Nastar reg. sign up there) and if you don't do that, they let people sign up at the finish. Not sure what they say is the latest you can sign up, but if you are signing up at the bottom at 240 there is no way you can get your 2 runs in. In the past people have tried, and then go up and are mad if the course is closed.

Try not to get too mad at the employees (whether it be the starter, or the coaches) for someone elses mistake.

Bummer theres no more night skiing :angry:

I wasn't mad at the starter, he was just doing what he was told by some (never mind), I was just frustrated at the course setter guy apparantly in charge. In my job I spend a lot of time and energy going the extra mile to keep customers /clients/vendor/subs happy because it reflects well on me, our company and inevitably pays back tenfold - I guess I expect that from everybody else! If I look at it from the flipside and saw a family with 2 little kids wanting to do a few runs on what could be one of the last days of the year, I most likely would have braved the 60 d temps until 3:05 or so to accomodate them!

I wasn't mad at the starter, he was just doing what he was told by some (never mind), I was just frustrated at the course setter guy apparantly in charge. In my job I spend a lot of time and energy going the extra mile to keep customers /clients/vendor/subs happy because it reflects well on me, our company and inevitably pays back tenfold - I guess I expect that from everybody else! If I look at it from the flipside and saw a family with 2 little kids wanting to do a few runs on what could be one of the last days of the year, I most likely would have braved the 60 d temps until 3:05 or so to accomodate them!

I deffinatly see where your coming from, but also you gotta remember the coaches have families too. And most of them are busy going to and from races at the end of the season and want to be able to go home and see there kids or wifes too.

Anyway maybe you will try it again next year, maybe you won't...