JF closing date

I checked w/ some employees at JF and they said there hasn't been a closing date set yet. They said they are open next Fri. 24, Sat. 25, Sun. 26. They are not sure yet about the weekend after that. It would be something if the stayed open into April :woot .

i talked to a guy on the lift at boulder today, he said JF has a horrible amount of snow, like rocks and shit stains.

that was a week ago he said.

i talked to a guy on the lift at boulder today, he said JF has a horrible amount of snow, like rocks and shit stains.

BB always holds up better that JF...It's at a higher elevation and gets less direct sun. If they blew like crazy in Feb and March, they could keep a couple runs open till May 1st.

That must have been last Sunday when it rained. I was there this Sat. and Sun. and I thought the conditions were really good. They pushed a lot of snow around and groomed it over really nice. First thing in the mornings, it seemed like there was fresh powder groomed over, on the top.

BB always holds up better that JF...It's at a higher elevation and gets less direct sun. If they blew like crazy in Feb and March, they could keep a couple runs open till May 1st.

I've always thought the opposite, because JF sits down inside of the mountain. :confused BB sits up higher, but the temps are actually a little colder at JF because it is sheltered more.

I spoke to a few employees at JF today (Sat 25) and they told me they did not know yet if they were going to be open next weekend. At the end of the day, I overheard a ski patroler say they might be open next weekend, but weren't sure. :confused The updated website doesn't even say. I'm treating it as the last day, because personally, I don't see them being open, with the forecast. Either way, I'm heading to Elk during the week. It's weird...last year all the locals closed the last week of March, with no debates and excellent coverage. This year, the coverage isn't as good as last year, but some of them are trying to stretch it out.