Ski Big Bear

skidude

Have you heard of Big Bear before today?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of Big Bear before today?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 months later...

Ski Big Bear is nice place to take the family. The vertical is 650 feet and has something to offer for everyone. The season pass for 2004/2005 is $200. No crowds to speak of with the exception of presidents weekend. They have a nice summit lodge with a bar that is separated from the rest of the lodge.

Ski Big Bear is nice place to take the family. The vertical is 650 feet and has something to offer for everyone. The season pass for 2004/2005 is $200. No crowds to speak of with the exception of presidents weekend. They have a nice summit lodge with a bar that is separated from the rest of the lodge.

Thanks, gtd, and, btw, welcome here! Do you ski it much? I'm looking forward to trying it out a few times and seeing if the run down skier's right is steep enough. I get season passes to Montage, but have races at a different mountain every weekend, so I really just need midweek access to a decent slope. And the idiotic county politicians have Montage's future in question. Any more details would be great.

Well, here's a bit more discussion of the place on another board.

http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic4770

I kept thinking I had heard the name "Masthope" in the distant past. But I couldn't find it mentioned in some of my older books anywhere.

Edited by sibhusky