boulder 4/3/06

Gurp

... Big Boulder definitely gets a reference in my Auto-biography and I should really visit there again...sometime :rock

You should. It's a nice little mountain with a couple decent diamonds, even though they are short. I have to admit that I'm a little biased toward it, because that is where I first learned to ski, three years ago and it's been :wub: ever since. A couple of the lifts are actually pretty fast, for the size of the mountain. I kind of ignored it this year and went to JF, until the end, but now I wish I would have gone to BB more.

I wonder if they pushed some snow around if they could still have a few trails open? The pics look like there is still a lot of snow left, especially on the Big Boulder trail.

Of all the places in the Poconos BB could stay open the longest...if they blew like crazy they could keep the left side open longer than killington.

I never noticed before if the snow lasted this long at BB. I would imagine the new snow system added to this. Hopefully management will take note to this and stay open longer next season. Heck, they could put the snow back after the snow-cross, or get rid of the race. I would imagine that the race brings in too much $$$$ to get rid of it. The last day at JF, I spoke to an employee who said they expected 30 to 40 of the new pole fans at frost, this coming season. I would imagine Frost will be able to stay open longer, with this update, especially if they blow like heck. Bare essentials would be all you need. A lift attendant at the top and bottom, w/ no chair attendant (a warning could be posted...even though I would imagine that it would be mostly die-hards). Don't really need food services, unless if it would bring in money. Hours could be 8 am to 1 pm, to avoid really bad snow, due to the heat. Lift tickets $10 general, $5 for pass holders after April 1st. I'm a pass holder and would pay $5 for a ticket, because I know that they need revenue to keep things going. PS...I now refer to it as "this coming season." It sounds less depressing than "next year." <_<