MAY RAIL JAM

Gurp

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its awesome to see people skiing in may..but i feel really sad that 1. i couldnt be there (but my show ended up being almost sold out both nights and it went really well so i guess it was worth missing it, esp. since i couldnt compete anyway..) and 2. it reminded me that i havent skied since february and i wont again until thanksgiving.

how many girls were in it?

oh and did i read somewhere that jf/bb's hoping to open in thanksgiving or did i just dream that?

Edited by megan.

haha some of those crashes were pretty funny nice job

i must say i love the striped shirts..esp the black & white ones, they remind me so much of the hamburglar haha

that looked like it was so much fun..im in for next year

Edited by megan.

its awesome to see people skiing in may..but i feel really sad that 1. i couldnt be there (but my show ended up being almost sold out both nights and it went really well so i guess it was worth missing it, esp. since i couldnt compete anyway..) and 2. it reminded me that i havent skied since february and i wont again until thanksgiving.

how many girls were in it?

oh and did i read somewhere that jf/bb's hoping to open in thanksgiving or did i just dream that?

Yeah, the guy said next thanksgiving for opening.

Boarders were throwing down a lot of stuff. A lot of steezed out, pressed out shit, and a few spins here and there. There was this one kid whow threw a 450 on 270 off- it was so awesome, and there was another kid who did this like, 450 on, to press, butter around to 270 out.

Boarders were throwing down a lot of stuff. A lot of steezed out, pressed out shit, and a few spins here and there. There was this one kid whow threw a 450 on 270 off- it was so awesome, and there was another kid who did this like, 450 on, to press, butter around to 270 out.

gahhh that is the best news ever

yessss

wow thats gotta be some kind of a record.

oh man i'm so happy now.

i get clearance to ski thanksgiving. barely. perfect timing.

it was a great day. in mornig practice i was throwing 270s off the top box then came the comp, i couldnt hit anything, my last run i double ejected while doing a 270 off the box, then when the comp was over i was throwing 270s off the last rail. not bad for my first day actually spinning off rails. but all in all it was a good day, cant wait til next year.

Here is my little edit. I need to fix some things 1. make it .wmv 2. lower the background audio and 3. add more footage and pictures (which i don't have yet) Nothing special, but enjoy

Wow, photobucket KILLS quality- youtube next.

The quality sucks because you filmed with a digital camera and not a mini dv video camera.

Every year, resorts "claim" they would like to open that early, but I think that JFBB is sincerely going to try to open at that time. One big difference and advantage they will have is a massive amount of new snow making pole fans...to the tune of $5 million according to their announcer. Peak resorts is making a hell of an improvement for the sister mountains. I heard an employee say that rivershot is supposed to get the fans, this would make the East Mountain unbeatable. They could probably, and I feel that they might, stay open late into April, if they put down as much snow on the entire mountains like they did on the BB park :rock . I don't see any other reason to add that much money into snowmaking, unless you are going to take advantage of it. It's hard to imagine a local resort being open from Thanksgiving until late April, but it could become reality. All we need is for mother nature to help out.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Every year, resorts "claim" they would like to open that early, but I think that JFBB is sincerely going to try to open at that time. One big difference and advantage they will have is a massive amount of new snow making pole fans...to the tune of $5 million according to their announcer. Peak resorts is making a hell of an improvement for the sister mountains. I heard an employee say that rivershot is supposed to get the fans, this would make the East Mountain unbeatable. They could probably, and I feel that they might, stay open late into April, if they put down as much snow on the entire mountains like they did on the BB park :rock . I don't see any other reason to add that much money into snowmaking, unless you are going to take advantage of it. It's hard to imagine a local resort being open from Thanksgiving until late April, but it could become reality. All we need is for mother nature to help out.

that would be amazing. i want to believe it. i really do. and i think that will happen...i just dont want to get my hopes up and then have them crushed again hah...but i do have this really awesome feeling they will be taking advantage of their fans...heh i love peak resorts.

The quality sucks because you filmed with a digital camera and not a mini dv video camera.

Actually, my digital cam takes decent vids. But anyway, this time i used my sis's digi8 cam. After i finished, i rendered it into quicktime format. You're probably right, but i'm gonna mess around with it and see if i can make it look better.

:confused idk man, whenever i watch it on my comp, it looks fine ,but as soon as i load it online it looks like

Edit: Shit is a link by the way

Edit 2: I had the tape set to LP instead of SP :banghead

Edited by stevo