06/07 website updated

JFBB's website is updated for 06-07. They renamed the parks at both JF and BB. They have a section where there is going to be a forum. Check it out www.jfbb.com . I just read the details and they changed their season passes. Now you get a credit card, and have to take it to a window, each time, for a lift ticket, which kind of puts a kink in the reason for having a pass. They have a "direct slope" pass, which I assume is one that you can bypass getting a ticket each time, but it is $100 more. Their prices are also higher, which I figured would happen, with the upgrades :banghead:banghead . I do like the fact that they are offering a credit/ refund for a future season, if you get hurt or transfer for work, after opening day. I also noticed that there is no preferred parking listed and no food discount for pass holders. I hope this is something that is not being dropped. I don't like the way it looks :no ...I might be looking for a new home :( .

Edited by bigdaddyk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the previous posts in regards to the season pass bit. What could they be thinking? It's not like there is any precident (at least in the area) for this, and it's not like it could possibly bring in any customers. Likely they will lose some.

Perhaps it is an effort to reduce season pass sharing!?!?

Any way you look at it... LAME.

The whole setup is BAD. There are no more half day passes. You eihter buy a full day pass, or a night pass for Boulder. I think the improvements are going to be for nothing, because people aren't going to pay for a full day pass, only for a few hours in the morning or afternoon. :no . Unless if it changes, I'm going elsewhere for a pass, because I don't want to pay for a season pass, then wait in line to get a ticket or pay $100 more. I think they are going to put themselves in the hole. :thumbdown Blue mountain might be my new mountain.

Edited by bigdaddyk

The whole setup is BAD. There are no more half day passes. You eihter buy a full day pass, or a night pass for Boulder. I think the improvements are going to be for nothing, because people aren't going to pay for a full day pass, only for a few hours in the morning or afternoon. :no . Unless if it changes, I'm going elsewhere for a pass, because I don't want to pay for a season pass, then wait in line to get a ticket or pay $100 more. I think they are going to put themselves in the hole. :thumbdown Blue mountain might be my new mountain.

heh, i thought they were doing so well with the improvements and things..and then i see this

im really disappointed.. this is the dumbest idea ive ever heard of

i mean seriously

what purpose does that have, waiting in line for a freaking ticket when you have a seasons pass

haha my parents arent going to be happy campers..

ahh this is bogus

baaddd moovveee

this blows.

Edited by guts.

I don't see any improvements here. They upped the season by by around $50 and took away benefits (10% off ski shop items and the 20% off of food, along with having to get a stupid ticket every time you go). The preferred parking isn't even available anymore. The 50% off tickets at other peak resorts doesn't matter, because the other resorts they run aren't in our area. The VIP pass should include the food discount and/ or parking. Paying $100 more, just so you don't have to wait for a ticket, with no other benefits, is a rip-off. Last year, I saved $40 on food. They give you $20 credit to use toward tickets or food, but in the long run I would still lose out by $70 ($20 for food + increase of pass price by $50). :pissed . I hope they really re-consider this. Money is already going to be tight, with gas prices. They need to re-instate the morning and afternoon tickets and get rid of the lift tickets for passholders.

I just emailed their generic email address with a complaint... if you care about the season pass thinger, I suggest you do the same.

infores@jfbb.com

Also, I contacted their PASR rep about this thread.

I plan on doing this, but it won't make a difference, because somebody in an office far away is probably making these dumb decisions.

Don't hold your breath. I just checked the other resorts websites that Peak Resorts own, and they do this with their season passes at all of their other resorts. However, their prices at JFBB are more expensive than the other resorts that they own.

uh oh

that does not bode well

I'm debating between Camelback and Blue. It takes me an hour to get to Camelback. It takes an hour and 20 minutes to get to Blue. The only thing against Blue is that if it snows, the roads and Turnpike might be more difficult, because CB would be a straight shot on I-80. I hope somebody sees the problem at JFBB and straightens this out, becuase it only takes 45 minutes for me to get there and I would like to keep them my home mountain, but I won't if they do stupid stuff like this. I just can't see how they don't realize that jacking up the prices and taking away benefits deters customers. Keeping the prices the same, or lower them, would bring in more people, hence more money. For example, only 100 people go at $40 = $4000. 200 people go at $30= $6000. I used to be in retail for 12 years, and its not to hard to figure out that SCREWING your customers is not the way to make them happy. Once you lose them, a lot of them will not come back, no matter what you do in the future. I guess I should start looking for some bags to pack, because I'm not buying a pass to be inconvienenced and I'm not rich enought to be a "VIP."

I also don't understand why its $100 difference between a season pass and a pass that allows you to go right onto the slopes. The difference is not that large at the other resorts, according to their rates pages. :angry:

i went up for a cruise the other day to visit frost and check out the new guns. they look awesome, cant wait to see them in action for the 06-07 season! but anyways i was checkin there website and i see that they renamed the terrain park at jackfrost from tobyhanna to ONE.... can someone pplz explain why u would name a terrain park one.. and that whole season pass thing, it does sound pretty lame but im sure they are doing it for a reason..

i went up for a cruise the other day to visit frost and check out the new guns. they look awesome, cant wait to see them in action for the 06-07 season! but anyways i was checkin there website and i see that they renamed the terrain park at jackfrost from tobyhanna to ONE.... can someone pplz explain why u would name a terrain park one.. and that whole season pass thing, it does sound pretty lame but im sure they are doing it for a reason..

haha i know right it sounds like some kinda nike thing

i dont get it haha

ahh im so stoked

i was thinking about it.. it wont be that bad, i guess it just means that frost'll have more money for improvements, so its all good..

ahh im so happy they finally got guns :] yayy i cant wait till the season starts, im definitely gonna pay the extra 100 bucks

jared are you and nate gonna be doing the park again this year?

Edited by guts.

I'm surprise that they would do something that likely to push away season pass holders when there are at least two other major resorts within about half hour.

[edit] I guess that comes from corporate decisions that don't have much input from the actual mountain.

Edited by pyro_boarder

I also don't understand why its $100 difference between a season pass and a pass that allows you to go right onto the slopes. The difference is not that large at the other resorts, according to their rates pages. :angry:

When was the last time anyone checked your lift ticket at Frost or Boulder? They rarely look at tickets. They probably are making you go to the window so they know it is actually you using the ticket. Although you could get the ticket and give it to anyone. If they charge you an extra $100 to go direct to the slopes then that is an extra $100 they got out of you for not having to check your ticket. (Sounds like a good deal for them)

With this system, I would buy a few season passes and every time I went I would get all my tickets and sell them in the lodge. Your season pass would end up being free from all the profits.

:ph34r:

Edited by First Grade Teacher

I just got done reading all of the comments on the new things that are happening at JFBB and some of you seem really upset about validating your season pass. It is being made into much more than it is.

There will be a designated line on weekends and holidays or you can go to any ticket window for season pass holders to validate their pass and receive a daily snopass-so there will be no waiting in line. Tops it should take no more than a minute if that to do this.

Why not focus on what JFBB is doing-the snowmaking is going to be out of this world!! Which means JFBB will open earlier in the season and stayopen longer-so you will get your money's worth out of your season pass! All of the parks at both mountains have been revamped so you haven't seen anything yet...I will post some photos later of some of the new rails that are being made for the upcoming season.

Not only do you get $20 added on to your JFFBB Bucks but you get 2 FREE snopasses to give to whomever you want and use at anytime during the season-so the prices may have gone up @$50 but JFBB is giving you $100 back.

Take my word the snow will be worth the 1 minute it takes to validate your pass...

... or JFBB is treating it that way to make some extra money. It obviously matters to the people on this board!

The goal for JFBB is to make your experience the best it can be!

So yes of course I see that it matters to those discussing the issue but why get hung up on something so trival as validating your pass...when you look at the whole picture and compare it really isn't a big issue unless you make it one.

If JFBB wasn't making HUGE capital improvements then I could see why you would be so upset, but JFBB is making a huge investment in making the areas so much more so give it chance. You got a taste of it last year just imagine what is to come this year.

Who else in the area had enough snow to have a rail jam in MAY???

The goal for JFBB is to make your experience the best it can be!

So yes of course I see that it matters to those discussing the issue but why get hung up on something so trival as validating your pass...when you look at the whole picture and compare it really isn't a big issue unless you make it one.

If JFBB wasn't making HUGE capital improvements then I could see why you would be so upset, but JFBB is making a huge investment in making the areas so much more so give it chance. You got a taste of it last year just imagine what is to come this year.

Who else in the area had enough snow to have a rail jam in MAY???

I agree with everything you are saying. It takes money to make improvements and I'm all for it. The only thing I question is why it costs $100 more to go directly to the lifts if you say that validating will take less than 2 minutes? What is the point of even offering that if it is a non-issue? It makes it look like you are sticking it to the people who want to go directly to the slopes.

Edited by First Grade Teacher

I agree with everything you are saying. It takes money to make improvements and I'm all for it. The only thing I question is why it costs $100 more to go directly to the lifts if you say that validating will take less than 2 minutes? What is the point of even offering that if it is a non-issue? It makes it look like you are sticking it to the people who want to go directly to the slopes.

Not at all we want to be sure that the person using the pass is really that person. Trying to put an end to the scams.