06/07 website updated

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats so sick, you are so lucky dude, have fun this season...take some pics and post them. What a deal...where are u going to school?

yeah, im going to school at university of colorado in boulder, it is so awesome out here. A Basin opens mid october :rock and everything else opens sometime in november

check out this deal: http://www.coloradopass.com

it feels so good to get out of the poconos, especially when my home mountain pulls crap like this

Jordan

This is the worst marketing idea ever done by any company i have ever seen. JFBB WILL go down for this and they damn well should. WORST IDEA EVER! Way to go PEAK, screw your most loyal customers. Ive got NEWS FOR YOU, there are plenty of other mountains in the poconos that people will go to. They will sell almost no season passes this year, and Peak resorts will go down. Hopefully next year, another company will take over, or better yet, blue ridge will take back control...

Jordan

:werd

Somebody, somewhere just doesn't give a shit. JFBB's passes are the most expensive out off the Peak resorts mountains. :angry: .

:werd

Somebody, somewhere just doesn't give a shit. JFBB's passes are the most expensive out off the Peak resorts mountains. :angry: .

apparently they think they can chage more because its 2 mountains, even though they are only going to have one mountain open at a time during the week this year. This is quite comical.

what pisses me off is that JFBB was doing great until PEAK took over, and first eliminated the elevator and now this. Watch, the next thing they will do is eliminate glade skiing at JF.

Jordan

Welcome to PASR!!!! :rock:thumb:welcome::welcome::cheers:

What was the deal with the elevator?

Now you see it; now you don't...funny that it's listed everywhere as JF's "hardest trail".

BTW, Glenn, I've watched you ride and sort of have a general idea of what you can handle....and you'd be asking why the f*ck they roped it off. And shake your head at the answer.

Now you see it; now you don't...funny that it's listed everywhere as JF's "hardest trail".

BTW, Glenn, I've watched you ride and sort of have a general idea of what you can handle....and you'd be asking why the f*ck they roped it off. And shake your head at the answer.

They left the trail on the map, but removed the name....so I wonder if they will open it if we ever get enough natural snow. Also, if you look at the top of that old map, you can see where Gonzo's grind was listed, by the partial diamond that is on the part of the map that you posted.

Last year an instructor told me that there were a lot of injuries on the elevator and that might be why they did away with it. Also, Gonzo's grind and Jane's glade disappeared last year. Gozo's grind went from to top of east mt. lift, down to where lightning, telstar, and solitude merge.

there were a LOT of injuries, because 2 years ago, they decided they couldnt leave well enough alone. Elevator was not a trail at JF from the start. People started just skiing when there was enough snow, and and eventually they put up a sign. after that, they would open it when there was enough natural snow, and they wouldnt dare touch it with a groomer or a snow gun. Two years ago, some moron decided to blow snow on it and groom a ~5 foot wide shoot down the center of it. It turned into a sheet of ice after the first day, and 90% of the people who went down it fell. they groomed it a total of one time that year because they couldnt get the cat up it after the 1st time.

Its a great trail, and probably the only trail in PA where you need to do hop turns to get down, but its too steep to maintain it east coast style.

there wasnt enough snow to ski the whole thing last year, but ski patrol didnt mind people skiing the left edge, where there was some snow that blew over from rivershot. JF is free domain after all...thats my favorite thing about that mountain. I fucking hope peak doesent take that away.

Jordan