Hot Skis

skimom

Look out for next year's Atomic GS 11's. Not being a fan of any particular ski company, I demoed a pair by luck, and they were really quick and easy. Unfortunately I only got two runs in before the visibility dropped to zero and we had to go in. But, they are first on my hit list to redemo next winter.

Too bad I just got a new pair of GS skis last spring. :( Iceman would kill me...

Edited by skimom

Look out for next year's Atomic GS 11's.  Not being a fan of any particular ski company, I demoed a pair by luck, and they were really quick and easy.  Unfortunately I only got two runs in before the visibility dropped to zero and we had to go in.  But, they are first on my hit list to redemo next winter.

Too bad I just got a new pair of GS skis last spring.  :( Iceman would kill me...

thats interesting, i know somebody that had tried them last year and said they skied like his SX:11s, which weren't that nice, he prefered his 04 GS:11's to his 05's.

Look out for next year's Atomic GS 11's.  Not being a fan of any particular ski company, I demoed a pair by luck, and they were really quick and easy.  Unfortunately I only got two runs in before the visibility dropped to zero and we had to go in.  But, they are first on my hit list to redemo next winter.

Too bad I just got a new pair of GS skis last spring.  :( Iceman would kill me...

First off, what Iceman doesn't know...

So how was camp? You were at MHSSC? Any cool coaches? I'm sure we'd ALL like to hear as much as you'd care to divulge. It's been in the mid-40's here in the Poconos at night and I know I'm not the only one starting to watch the calendar.

First off, what Iceman doesn't know...

:rofl

So how was camp? You were at MHSSC? Any cool coaches? I'm sure we'd ALL like to hear as much as you'd care to divulge. It's been in the mid-40's here in the Poconos at night and I know I'm not the only one starting to watch the calendar.

:lol Ski999: I was at MHSSC, and there were plenty of neat coaches. John Rust, the head coach, taught the Master's group. He's their year-round coach - you can see him ski in one of their promotional videos. I felt like he helped, but the proof will come when my next year's handicaps roll around.

Going solo, I was worried that there would be noone fun, but I immediately met up with another skimom who turned out to be a great gate basher. :woot Her hubby didn't seem to mind that I monopolized her during the day. There were a handful of other men who also decided to desert their families and ski. So it was fun.

Demoed Dynastar SL "63" skis (157) and bought them since my old SL P50 SL skis have no base left (nice excuse, eh?). Bought Skidude a pair of Elan SL skis (165), which is what he wanted. Demo skis are a great deal - used race demos mostly go between $300 and $350, with bindings, and there is no tax. Atomic wanted $500 for the GS11's, and I had inadequate demo time, so I had to decline...for now <_< . BTW, ATOMIC, the 05's just came out. I don't think they were around last year to try...

Rumor was circulating that USSA was going to disregard all of their ski length rules. Most of the kids bought whatever size skis they wanted. I hope they clarify it or else Skidude and Skigurl will be at a big disadvantage with regulation equipment if everyone else cheats.

Everything about Mt Hood was great. The snow quality was excellent, minus a bit of lava dust. We could ski below the tree line, almost to the lodge, so we didn't need to down load. The weather was a "10" for four of the five days. The day it poured rain, we had a few flakes of snow, but not enough to add up. It was excellent to ski in August - I feel like the luckiest person on the planet.

up.  It was excellent to ski in August - I feel like the luckiest person on the planet.

skidude demoed them at hood this summer, but I was going to buy 04 GS:11's from a guy out west, who had just bought 05 GS:11's (the white/black/red ones) had pics and all....i guess its who ya know :P

Are you getting comfortable in SL gates?

I'm still not quick enough to cross block, especially when the gates are close. Maybe next year...

Ahhhhhhhhh...thanks, skimom. A little vicarious thrill is better than none.

OK, ski999, how are these?

The glacier:

mthoodcloseup2.jpg

How Mt. Hood got it's name:

mthoodhoodnear.jpg

Thanks for the travel report and photos. The cool weather, to end today, has really had me thinking about skiing.

As for the skis, I'm with ski; I'm sure you have enough pairs already that iceman will never notice another pair. "Oh, those skis. You remember, dear, we bought those last season" <_<

Skigurl:

I was thinking more of you than Skidude with this. He's tall, so 180+ skis are not such a problem. Even though you ski well, you will be on skis twice your height for GS. And long skis will be oafsome for SL gates.

If everyone else cheats you will be at a big disadvantage. :(

Edited by skimom