Opening Day

poconoceancity

Maybe they are hoping if they say that, we will get a storm over thanksgiving and they will be able to open.

Its probably stressful for them trying to tell people there is going to be snow over thanksgiving, and then actully have snow there when it comes around.

Watch this be the year where there's a mid-late November pro-longed cold spell.... :lol When was the last time an eastern PA ski area was open for Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving of 1997 rings a bell for Camelback...

I thought CB always said they opened 'late november, early dec' but never actully opened in Nov...

I'm sure shawnee has been 'open' for it in the last few years.

Watch this be the year where there's a mid-late November pro-longed cold spell.... :lol When was the last time an eastern PA ski area was open for Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving of 1997 rings a bell for Camelback...

Shawnee opened the day after Thanksgiving in either 01 or 02, before that BB opened before thanksgiving in 97 or 98.

Shawnee claimed thanksgiving weekend last year. Then Dec 2nd, when blue opened, and they didn't open until the following weekend...

I don't see why PA resorts try to plan and opening date, it's not up to them, it's up to the weather, and Pa's weather is random sometimes...

Edited by KnuckleDragger

It's a very good point. If i lived there i'd probably want the same thing. High Chances of avalanches, or wait alittle bit, and have a lower avy chance... They have snow wait through may and june..

yea avalanche science is so interesting i wnat to move out west eventually and i'm going to take some backcountry courses, but I would definately be one of the guys hiking early season snow, not one of the snow snobs who only come out for perfection conditions. Once an east coast guy, always an east coast guy. I'll take any snow I can get.

• 1 month later...