10.05.06 - ParkLogic Update

ParkLogic

You should go back through some of the Blue mountain threads...I remember Toast measuring the biggest booter at 60+ feet based on his ski length...there were a few booters over 40 feet at Booter mountain for sure last season..but nobody believes it..seeing is believing..ask anybody from Park Crue since they make the Booters..

gawd...... wrong again....... they might have been flying 60' but there wasn't anything close to 60' the couple of times we were there. See all these step down jumps in Breckenridge? None of them are 40'! the bottom right hand one was close to 35' -

1151505384med_gallery_258_53_1281187.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

papa those are tables and teh one on teh bottom left is usually 70 feet... when i was there it went 55 60 70 down teh right line and no jump in PA is romotely as large as any jump in that picture... by teh way those lengths came from the local riders and i dodnt measure them... on a sinilar note dont say you stepped out a jump because that doesnt work either. the point is that if you dont know an exact length within 5 feet than just dont post it. im sure someone will measure it correctly and all will be fine but last year was just crazy.

papa those are tables and teh one on teh bottom left is usually 70 feet... when i was there it went 55 60 70 down teh right line and no jump in PA is romotely as large as any jump in that picture... by teh way those lengths came from the local riders and i dodnt measure them... on a sinilar note dont say you stepped out a jump because that doesnt work either. the point is that if you dont know an exact length within 5 feet than just dont post it. im sure someone will measure it correctly and all will be fine but last year was just crazy.

YO!! dorsey - I work with measurements all day and can spot to the foot, I am calling you out. WTF do you mean don't step out a jump? How many tape measures do you carry in your truck? I measure road beds, house sites on a regular........ awwww forget it :banghead want me to bring a transit to give you the elevation drops too? don't go there..... We were at Breck 2/15 thru 2/23 - 8 solid days.. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the landings/knuckles were way below the lip hence stepped down..........

Matter of fact.. if you look closely at that first jump on the left, then take a close look at the c box... that would make that C box about 50' LOL!!! if you really want I will send pics in hi-res

by teh way those lengths came from the local riders and i dodnt measure them...

further more - you are being sucked in by the flight time by what other people say. I spent 8 days gaping that park. matter of fact and I think you know this, I shot video from that first jump on the left, I stood there for a total of at least an hour. I paced it several times - 12 paces

Ok..with all this stuff going on a JFBB. I strongly recommend a grand opening blow out. (Listen up JFBB marketing) Picture this ......

You roll up into the parking lot and you hear Black Label rockin slope side. (or some other hard band) As you approach the main lodge you have hot chicks dancing in cages suspended about 15' in the air wearing....Explosions!! Big Explosions and Fire blazing out on both sides of a nice quarter pipe with more hot chicks dancing around. No?

Ok..with all this stuff going on a JFBB. I strongly recommend a grand opening blow out. (Listen up JFBB marketing) Picture this ......

You roll up into the parking lot and you hear Black Label rockin slope side. (or some other hard band) As you approach the main lodge you have hot chicks dancing in cages suspended about 15' in the air wearing....Explosions!! Big Explosions and Fire blazing out on both sides of a nice quarter pipe with more hot chicks dancing around. No?

How about strippers on every lift ride, you get a free gram when you get a lift ticket, an abbundance of free food.

yea i'm sorry... I remember having the 40 footer at shawnee last year. People had to haul ass to make sure they cleared it. You need to be blazin to hit a 70' jump, and with what i saw last year at blue that jump was maybe 50'. Bottom line is, you really cannot exaggerate jump distances. You need to actually measure from lip to knuckel. haha 70' you guys are funny, I miss PA. p.s. Shawn show them how jumps should look this year, and through in a hip for them. :)

Without being there that looks like a 40' cbox. Also you're cut and paste isn't totally accurate because the c-box is further away from the camera than that jump.

I'd guess thats a 30'+ jump.

30' C box - I tried to slide the box on the same plane. BUt yeah 30' - i have seen everyone claim it to be 50' - from lip to knuckle 30'!

My personal hatred right now is for people who go onto a box, and then ride halfway down and do an ackward like hop and half spin and then slide out to the end and pretzel out. It looks so ackward and I'd rather slide the whole box smooth with a tail slide than see you do like a tail slide combo into a nose slide with a half spin out where you land halfway across the trail but ride out all fucked up. It maybe be tech, it may not be I haven't tried it, but either way it looks like ass. I'd rather watch a nollie nosepress with no spin than that crazy shit anyday.

screw boxes, i hate how in competitons judges think spinning on a box outa control with a 900 is better than hitting up a smooth switch on 270 off a flat rail

i hear ya... when i was at MC llast year for their first rail jam the kids who went on to the finals were the ones who kept hucking themselves on the rails just trying to spin a 900 on it and get off and land.. which i think is stupid as hell and made me never want to enter a comp again.. but oh well maybe the next one i enter will be different

"spin to win" is the trend guys - get used to it.

Or thats where freestyle came from, and new riders are trying to put more emphasis on style. It's hard to quantify though, and it's easy to see if someone spun x number of times. Videos are the heart of the sport anyways... so as long as they stay stylish the sport wil continue to move in that direction.

Yea spinning on boxes is so easy. I learned to do a 360 across the top of the box long before I learned how to lock into a smooth frontside boardslide without falling. You just coming and twist a bit, and then at the end finish in whatever the fuck direction your facing, your usualling going so slow you can land almost perpedicular to where your going and if the uphill edge is down, you can ride away.

Yea spinning on boxes is so easy. I learned to do a 360 across the top of the box long before I learned how to lock into a smooth frontside boardslide without falling. You just coming and twist a bit, and then at the end finish in whatever the fuck direction your facing, your usualling going so slow you can land almost perpedicular to where your going and if the uphill edge is down, you can ride away.

not sure its that easy on skis.