10.05.06 - ParkLogic Update

ParkLogic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for the kicks of it we went last weekend to cheack out what shawn was up to for ourselfs. Although shawn was not there we happened to see all last years rails, we also saw all the new snow guns and it was so crazy how many there where. But then as we where leaving we saw the most legit rails I've ever seen, they were so smoth and long. SO LEGIT

Well, for the kicks of it we went last weekend to cheack out what shawn was up to for ourselfs. Although shawn was not there we happened to see all last years rails, we also saw all the new snow guns and it was so crazy how many there where. But then as we where leaving we saw the most legit rails I've ever seen, they were so smoth and long. SO LEGIT

Did you go to BB or JF or both?

all i have to say is, they better step up the jump situation at JF. I long for that huge triple lipped jump at the bottom of the big headwall that they had 3 (ish) years ago.

That park was the greatest. they had 2 tables up top (one right after the other) then the huge triple lip jump with the steep landing at the bottom of the headwall (though the it was a little short, and a lot of people hit the flat) , then a modest sized step up at the bottom.

what can i say... rails just dont excite me. give me a good jump park and ill be happy :)

Jordan

AKA You saw the same rails creek has.

Yeah, except these are brand spanking new!!!!!!!!!

They built those in a production line type of setting... Flat rails first. watch what comes next! then watch what happens after that.. LOL!

But I want to hit both ski areas so I can count it as two ski days.... :lol just playin

cool! I like skiing for an hour or two and calling it a ski day too! Just playin

haha switchups?

yeah or a pretzel.. I agree it looks awkward. But hey, I think hang ten poses are really played.

remember that 100ft rail they said they were gonna do up at boulder, i wonder if they are gonna follow through with that. And if u like complete it or something u get a free season pass, or if u get 16ft outta the pipe, idk if they were rumors or not

remember that 100ft rail they said they were gonna do up at boulder, i wonder if they are gonna follow through with that. And if u like complete it or something u get a free season pass, or if u get 16ft outta the pipe, idk if they were rumors or not

i asked nipples yesterday about the 100ft rail (he went up there last weekend, and he just got sponsored by them so yay nipples, congrats kid!!) and he said they didnt have it..but i think he knows something we dont haha :P

all i have to say is, they better step up the jump situation at JF. I long for that huge triple lipped jump at the bottom of the big headwall that they had 3 (ish) years ago.

That park was the greatest. they had 2 tables up top (one right after the other) then the huge triple lip jump with the steep landing at the bottom of the headwall (though the it was a little short, and a lot of people hit the flat) , then a modest sized step up at the bottom.

what can i say... rails just dont excite me. give me a good jump park and ill be happy :)

Jordan

HAHA i remember that jump. My first year on skis, barely able to do 540s and this kid convinced me to try a backflip... haha good times.

EASY SEASON PASSAGE right there. im sure i could get a season pass if that was true. If they still build that ill be the first person to complete it. (i hope so anyways)

Congrats Nipples...I remember reading about a promotion at a ski area on the west coast possibly Boreal where if you slid a 150 foot rail end to end..you received a season pass which was worth about 1/2 thousand. A 100 foot rail would be awesome. especially if it was right in front of the lodge..

I might be turning into a park rat...I'm uber excited about getting air but the rails scare me..boxes are fun though...

im sure if they did put a 100 ft rail in it would be at the bottom of the main park, in front of the lodge over there

and hahaa yea good luck with turning into a park rat if rails scare you :P

you just gotta suck it up and hit that shit

plus you probably wont get it your first try but thats what hiking's for :)

Edited by megan

im sure if they did put a 100 ft rail in it would be at the bottom of the main park, in front of the lodge over there

If ur tlaking about the rail park, Tannenbaum, right infront of the lodge, that is no longer a terrain park. The park got moved to a longer wider trail with its own triple chair lift.

uhh no im talking about Boulder Park

Yea, noone ever uses that lodge except to watch competitions.

Yea, noone ever uses that lodge except to watch competitions.

pshhh

yea, well maybe if there was a 100 FOOT RAIL that kids were actually hitting maybe they would

and even if people didnt watch, they rail'd still go there for when they DID have comps and shit

WHAT NOW

A plus about having that park there is ski patrol is right at the bottom of the trail :lol:

Its a good viewing area for comps, no doubt. I have been meaning to ask, on skiers right about half way down that slope is like an observation deck. It appears to have been graded for something at one time. What was that area?

Its a good viewing area for comps, no doubt. I have been meaning to ask, on skiers right about half way down that slope is like an observation deck. It appears to have been graded for something at one time. What was that area?

IDK i thought it was an observartion deck cause they used to have all the comps on that trail. But u can really tell the amount of snow difference from this year and last year. Last year we built a jump from the slope over the railing onto the deck, this year the snow was a good 7 ft higher then the deck. It was amazing.