girls snowboarding gear

snoboardr270

my sister is looking for a snowboard package this year but she is on a limited budget so i was wondering if anyone has any womens snowboards/bindings/boots. She is about a 145 cm board and wears a size 8 1/2 sneaker. She is looking to spend under 200 for a whole package and will be grateful for any reasonable offers.

thanks

my sister is looking for a snowboard package this year but she is on a limited budget so i was wondering if anyone has any womens snowboards/bindings/boots. She is about a 145 cm board and wears a size 8 1/2 sneaker. She is looking to spend under 200 for a whole package and will be grateful for any reasonable offers.

thanks

I really don't know much about womens gear pricing or availability, but if I had to get a setup that I could actually ride on, the only way $200 would work is with used equipment. Even then, it's a weird call. Used boots aren't ever going to fit right, unless it was EXTREMELY lightly used. Check out the local stores supplies, the employees will best be able to find a match between rider and board. If that doesn't work out there are some deals online, but if you're asking for help, you may not have the knowledge base to know what to look for in the online market.

Her skill level and riding style are important factors, and any shop employee worth their weigth will look into both of those items before talking about price. A beginner doesn't need the most expensive epuipment, and a park rat doesn't need the latest and greatest in space tech materials.

I know thats not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps a little.

thanks, just a lil more info. shes not really that into it yet, she has been using my old gear(which is too big) or renting stuff so i was just lookin for stuff that some people have like laying around thats even beat up a bit. she is still on the beginner slopes and learning how to control where shes going. i just wnat to encourage her by having the gear available for her to use because its a pain to rent a board every time. like i said, it doesnt have to be anything nice, just something that wont break. i was thinkin about even goin to bear creeks used snowboard sale this weekend, but i think they sell mostly rentals, and i want to get her out of the step-ins. as far as boots go, i might just have to go to a play it again to get a pair taht fit her right, but i was hopin someone might just have some old board and bindings layin aroudn just collecting dust.

Ebay usually has some good deals on used stuff. If not Blue and Bear are both having sales very soon, just check their sites for the dates. Also go to a Play it Again Sports store, they usually have a good selection of used stuff. The one in Whitehall closed up last year, but there is one over in Easton in Palmer Township I think.

i was thinkin about that too, its just that she only goes like 2 or 3 times a year with me and my cousins, so im not sure if that would be worth it. ill have to look into it. thanks

With gear available she may go more often. Also with the seasonal rental stuff if she grows out of the equipment I think shops will typically trade up to the next size for free during the season (if I'm wrong someone please correct me). Also, if she is growing at all right now, she may have to replace her gear if she grows for next year. A seasonal rental may give you better performance gear than used stuff for $200. It's at least worth looking into.

With gear available she may go more often. Also with the seasonal rental stuff if she grows out of the equipment I think shops will typically trade up to the next size for free during the season (if I'm wrong someone please correct me). Also, if she is growing at all right now, she may have to replace her gear if she grows for next year. A seasonal rental may give you better performance gear than used stuff for $200. It's at least worth looking into.

Eh, thats not going to be a problem for him. His sisters in college.