Why Is Skierforever Such A Dick?

Ski

So I was trolling the other MB, as I do once or twice a month, and came across skierforever's post about "overprivledged" 'Dude:

"I will understand if you don't want to answer, since it's maybe a personal matter, but exactly how does he earn money for equipment? Birthday money? Taking out the garbage (or other things I'd expect my kids to do as part of household responsibility), or really earning money in part time employment? I just don't see gift money having the same value to a kid."

It strikes me that skierforever's parents were complete tight-asses when it came to sporting equipment. As far as I'm concerned, the more sports gear you give a kid, the less crack he's going to smoke. That's kind of the idea behind every inner city youth program, from YMCA/YWCA to PBA youth leagues. Not a lot of jock gang members, and vice-versa. Some kids naturally find it character building to earn gear. Great, but that's a level of maturity that isn't all that common. And parents shouldn't punish for the lack of maturity, which isn't an offense in itself, but generally a stage of growth.

My 4-year-old didn't pitch in a single dime for the new soccer ball I just bought her, but as long as she's willing to run her ass off chasing it, then I consider us square. (BTW: big game tomorrow; go Wildcats! :rock:rock:rock:rock )

So it isn't really skierforever's fault that he's an asshead; it's his mother and father's screw up. They wouldn't pop for a tennis racket when he was 12, so he gives 'Mom shit about getting 'Dude a new pair of goggles.

So good for 'Mom, I say! Those goggles have kept the 'Dude off crack.

Wow, that is pretty a pretty F'd up statement for him to make... While I don't see much value in giving a kid everything they want, I do believe that sports is an area where the kid should have everything they need, he just happened to choose an expensive sport. I highly doubt we'll see skidude driving around in his new mercedes (when he gets his license), while wearing his designer outfits and drinking cristal.... that would be overpriveledged. A kid needs to have the equipment to allow them to excel at whatever sport they may be playing. As long as his grades are good and he's not getting into trouble, I think it's earned. So you go ahead skidude and skimom, tear it up!

Wow, that is pretty a pretty F'd up statement for him to make... While I don't see much value in giving a kid everything they want, I do believe that sports is an area where the kid should have everything they need, he just happened to choose an expensive sport. I highly doubt we'll see skidude driving around in his new mercedes (when he gets his license), while wearing his designer outfits and drinking cristal.... that would be overpriveledged. A kid needs to have the equipment to allow them to excel at whatever sport they may be playing. As long as his grades are good and he's not getting into trouble, I think it's earned. So you go ahead skidude and skimom, tear it up!

my dad always jokes around how i picked the two most expensive things(well ones a sport, golf of course :P ). skiing and golf. but its what i enjoy, and i do pay for a decent amount of my equitment, pretty much split down the middle between my money / my parents. skiever forever, like you said ski999 had to be UNDERprivledged as a kid. There is a certain satisfaction in paying for paying part of your stuff. I mean i couldn't afford the more expensive parts of skiing (boots, skis, and for golf my clubs) but i'll always pay for things like poles, gloves, goggles. and im pretty sure skidude does too. but is it realistic for someone without a full time job to pay for things that are $400+? he talks out of his ass, cause hes jealous of the dude. i'd like to meet this guy. i'd like him to meet the front of my car, while hes at it. :rofl:rofl:rofl

Haha I think that post has been on there for a few months now. Anyway I think I did pick the most expencive sport, but its the only one I really do. Well we all should take a lession from this....If you need a laugh, look for skierforevers newest post :nana

As far as skierforever goes, he has all these opinions about everything, but all he will do is hide behind his computer and tell us them. If he wants to tell me something, then he should tell it to me in person. He has told me how he is "always riding up on the lift with me" or something like that. Just suck it up and tell me, you girly man :wiggle

Just try to remember the guy that sat extra close to you, 'Dude. Do you remember having some weird old guy try sniffing your hair or something? That'd be skierforever.

Since you never ride with the bar down, just give him a little shove.

Ski I ride with the bar down, when someone else asks <_<

It was funny at mt hood, in the 2 weeks the bar was only put down once...Even though people were tired after every run. People just like never thought about it.

But I'll keep an eye out for him :wiggle