Board Search 06

Schif

Ok so i'm starting a new thread so the helpful gear links one doesn't get completely destroyed. (is it possible to clean that up?)

Stats:

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 200lbs +-5

Boot Size: 12.5

Looking for: All around wide or mid-wide board. Need something for snow days when I go into the woods, groomed days when I'm ripping it up, and something that can handle the bumps on Lightning. We all know that the East Coast can get boring though. I'm starting to ride more and more park, and lets be honest Tussey only has 3 trails so the only thing to do sometimes is jump and jib.

Initial idea was a K2 Nemesis, now I'm thinking thats not such a good idea because It won't give me enough in the park. KnuckleDragger suggested the Burton Baron ($499.95). riderrossi suggested the Rome Flag ($479.95)

In addition I've looked at the Burton Royale mid-wide ($399.95) and the Forum Recon ($299.95). I like the specs of the Royale, and the only drawback to the Recon is that the biggest mid-wide they have is 156.

Anyone have any further input on these boards or others like them?

What angles do you set your bindings at? And what percentage are you going to be freeriding vs park riding. ex: 40% park, 60% freeride.

My agent takes on white lighting no problem, can rip down cannonball without a second thought, and slide any and all boxes and rails in the park (aside from the dragon box because that thing is vicious, but that's my riding not the board :nana ) . The flag is supposed to be close to the anthem but for riders with bigger feet. The anthem is geared slightly more towards freeriding than the agent, but it will still old its own in the park. I'm recommending the Flag just because i have a Rome and i have 0 complaints with it. I don't have any first hand experience with any other boards.

Edited by riderossi

I'm usually somewhere around +12 up front and -7 in the back.

I'd say the 40 60 thing works pretty well. If there is good snow I'll probobly spend the majority of the day all over the place, but if its not all that great or i'm at Tussey I'll be hanging out in the park.

Edited by Schifdawg

I did some more research. And i don't really like burton boards anymore, but the baron was the first thing that came to mind. Im not a wide board expert as i have a size 9.5 boot.

But if i had to ride a wide board, i'd go with the Option makinen wide. I think the biggest is a 164w. It's all all mountain board, so it would be decent in the park aswell. I believe it's alittle cheaper then the burton baron aswell.

Or you could just get some risers, and you'd be aiight to ride regular, or mid wide boards.

I'm kind of turned off to Burton lately too, but the Baron seems to be a decent board. Does anyone here have any experience with risers? I've never used them or seen anyone else use them.

The consensus on risers seems to be that they reduce (some say drastically) the "board feel". I've never had to use them so i can't give any personal opinions. Did you check into those boots from the links? I believe the salomon F series will take you down in a size too.

I did look into those boots. They look nice and would be cool. I've got a great pair of boots though (salomons) and are pretty small the way it is. It would only bring me down to an 11.5 and thats still a big boot. I"m really trying to avoid risers if at all possible. The whole idea just kind of bugs me. I can't imagine it to be as smooth and it kind of seems like i'd be standing on little stilts or something, bad for any type of freestyling and it seems like it would be a lot harder to land jumps.

Edited by Schifdawg

baron is way overpriced...go with the rome flag or the atomic alibi wide, i would even look at the option kevin sensalone wide...

He's looking for an all mountain board, which is why i recommened the Option Makinen Wide, over the sansalone which is a freestyle specific board.