KILLNGTON TRIP

JDSCHMOO22

I'm planning on a Killington trip mid January with a couple of buds. Looking for opinions on where to stay. Prefer to be able to walk to the lifts. Any ideas?

You could try the Mountain Inn...you can walk to the lifts at Rams Head from there, and their prices aren't too bad.

http://www.mtinn.com/

I've only stayed at the Pinnacle. Pretty nice condos.

Any ideas on where to stay further in town, we'll have some people with who won't be on the mountain- poor souls- but would there be someplace closer to the restaurants and shopping that we could drive to the lifts? I haven't been up there is a couple of years so this is all new to me.

if you stay any wher on the access road i think there is a shuttle that will stop any where and take you. i always hitchiked. people are really friendly. if they see you with your skis or boards they will usually give a lift. i like the inn of the six because of the grub. any where will be expensive. there isn;t too much shopping i think for people to do. altough everyone knows that no trip to killington is not complete without a stop at the DarkSide board shop.

• 3 weeks later...

Definately stay on the access road.....Rutland Sucks....Went last year and stayed off rt.7,it was horrible driving 20+ minutes in the snow to get there. Theres also nothing to do in town....it blows. We ended taking a cab up to the access road($50 each way) to go to the bars. Vt police are all over the place.DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE up there.

Whats the cheapest hotel around there? Like 20-30 minutes from the lifts. I'm gonna head up some random weekends in Feburary, March, and for like a week over spring break....while everybody heads to cancun....i'll be skiing :chea:

that is depending on whether or not I take a CO trip over spring break

Check out my report from Killington...I stayed at the Travel Inn for 45 bucks a night plus tax...It's on the east side of Rutland and it's a nice drive to the mountain. Near a Mickey D's and grocery stores..I could have probably saved a few bucks on the room but it's tough to haggle when the price is so low to begin with. Once you hit the mountain road..everything is 100+ per night..and you're too young to be boozin it up anyway..

Yea, well legally that is...

Pretty much I'm going to ski my ass off then just have a place to crash and get a shower...eat some hungry man dinners too. I'll might be heading up with one or two people max, maybe just even myself...trying to keep it as cheap as possible.