WebCam

Dave_S

they should get a park/pipe cam. screw this base lodge crap

I like that idea! I hope "time to time" one of the "various locations" is the park:

"The Camelback SnowCam is located atop the Administration Building, overlooking the base area at Camelback. From time to time we will be positioning the Cam on various locations on the mountain."

This is the claim - lets hope they do move it around the mountain. Maybe the part they had been waiting for was a dolly so that it could be moved!

I am going to guess that once the park is up and operational they will focus the camera there from "time to time". It makes sense from a Marketing point of view. Why not showcase the biggest investment you have made over the last year.

If i were handling their marketing i would show the pipe cutter in action as it makes the first cuts and post to the Web page when people should "tune in" to watch. I would use this tool to get everyone excited for opening day. Once opened what better way to tell people about how much fun you can have then to show folks showing off in the park! Watching people coming in from the slopes at the last part of the run is not that exciting. They should consider moving it to the top of Cameltop and pointing it down one of the front four. Maybe showcasing a bump run.

Basically produce it like you were covering the X-games or something. Big productions will help everyone to know what has changed. The next step would be to clip together some nice footage and build a montage to be posted on the web. But then again they might need a Mac to do that and we would have to wait for that to "come in".

"The Camelback SnowCam is located atop the Administration Building, overlooking the base area at Camelback. From time to time we will be positioning the Cam on various locations on the mountain."

All this means is that the cam will never move, but they'll just zoom in on different things. :(