looking for snowboard coach or snowboard buddy

Barb

still looking for someone to hang out with my son David. (he's 8). A few people on this forum said they would be at Boulder once in a while. If I can't find someone to hang out with him all the time, he is going to be miserable. He started last year and has done all the runs at boulder. He wants to learn more about the terrain park. We are up there 2 weekends a month. Please pm me if you are interested. thanks

still looking for someone to hang out with my son David. (he's 8). A few people on this forum said they would be at Boulder once in a while. If I can't find someone to hang out with him all the time, he is going to be miserable. He started last year and has done all the runs at boulder. He wants to learn more about the terrain park. We are up there 2 weekends a month. Please pm me if you are interested. thanks

Pm Sent.

Edited by Jar3d

Barb,

There should be plenty of kids for him to meet and ride with once our season starts. BB is a small hill, kind of hard to get lost or in trouble for that matter. I am sure that once he gets to the hill, he will make friends and have a "crew" to regularly ride with. I know of several snow boarders that are there every day however, I don't know there names. Hang in there and think snow!!!!!!!!!

What about friends in school/neighborhood? Sign him up for ski club in school too, great way to meet people to ride with outside of school...

Barb,

There should be plenty of kids for him to meet and ride with once our season starts. BB is a small hill, kind of hard to get lost or in trouble for that matter. I am sure that once he gets to the hill, he will make friends and have a "crew" to regularly ride with. I know of several snow boarders that are there every day however, I don't know there names. Hang in there and think snow!!!!!!!!!

yeah this is pretty much true

even though i skied too much at jf haha and i didnt get to meet a lot of people that ride at boulder, thats gonna change htis year haha

so yea, hes def. gonna meet a lot of really chill kids, everyones really nice over there

There are about 20+ kind 8 and up I can think about that are up there almost every day. Everyone up there is usually chilled. Locals preatty much look out for each other.

That's the thing we are not locals. We have a house up there but live 3 hours away in south jersey.

That's the thing we are not locals. We have a house up there but live 3 hours away in south jersey.

LOL! that fits about 80% of the "locals" that ride there. :D You can't get much more "local" if you spend your weekends on the slopes at one resort.

As things progress at BB - I would imagine that there will be a program similar to what Blue and CB now have which is a semi-supervised, instructed ski school/ freeride team of sorts... usually the programs run sat and sun 9-2 pm or so with a lunch break.

yea i skiied at boulder last year.. we have a good group of riders there evryone is freinds its good he'll fit in and therye is a cuple young park boarders like 7 8 10 he'll make freinds.. most of us that ride there are somewhat local and live in blakslee or pocno lake. at least me and my freinds do..

Edited by tyler franks

that's good to know. Last season the families that were really nice to talk to were only up there for the weekend. I tried going out of my way to be nice and always talk to the two families I saw there all the time. their kids were around the same age as mine. they were totally snobby and blew us off. I figured it was "clicky" up there. Our house is in Brier crest woods and they are all very clicky. Every time we have gone to a function in the community building (halloween party, christmas party etc) we are like outcasts. Its wierd. I am glad to hear everyone up there is not that way.