Preseason workouts

Metz the Jersey boy

I know there was a topic I started last year sometime about this, but what are all of you racers doing to get in shape for the season (other than skiing)? I have limited time, so I can't do extreme 5-6 hour workouts, but I have been doing mid range runs (2-3 mi) and some hill sprints. Any other suggestions?

I know there was a topic I started last year sometime about this, but what are all of you racers doing to get in shape for the season (other than skiing)? I have limited time, so I can't do extreme 5-6 hour workouts, but I have been doing mid range runs (2-3 mi) and some hill sprints. Any other suggestions?

I do beer lifts...really strengthens my forearms, I can really push out of the gate fast :rock

Well, by the time ASRA comes to Twood on Jan 6 and 7 I should be pretty finely tuned... so yeah, i'd say I'm decently tuned. I'm not too sure that there are many people on this board who could go out and run 3 miles at will... No offense intended to anyone.

Well, by the time ASRA comes to Twood on Jan 6 and 7 I should be pretty finely tuned... so yeah, i'd say I'm decently tuned. I'm not too sure that there are many people on this board who could go out and run 3 miles at will... No offense intended to anyone.

Up until last week I was running 5miles every other night up and down Lehigh.

Oh, what was that? Did you just try to knock us "finely tuned athletic machines" and got pwnt yourself? :nana

jeff, it was a knock on the fact that i was talking about fitness to start and the only thing you and MC could start talking about was beer. It was a joke. sarcasm... just a bit... maybe. Damn... i barely even drink anymore... its kinda sad... except the other day when I canvassed Easton drunkenly... but thats another story. lol... .see you guys on the slopes

jeff, it was a knock on the fact that i was talking about fitness to start and the only thing you and MC could start talking about was beer. It was a joke. sarcasm... just a bit... maybe. Damn... i barely even drink anymore... its kinda sad... except the other day when I canvassed Easton drunkenly... but thats another story. lol... .see you guys on the slopes

:nana

What time you leaving Blue on friday :banghead

:wub:

I do squats. Sometimes Bob helps. Oh, in case you were wondering, I race in the "lift dive" league. It's kinda new and unsanctioned at this point but we are working that out. We go for distance, technique and for chaos caused from falling off the lift. Seriously, I would like to do Nastar at Blue but I can never get to the mountain in time after work. Maybe I'll try BC. I'm not very good but I thin I'd like to try anyway. Oh, and I really do squats to get in shape but not for racing. As a pretty serious runner though I'd say sprints would and hill climbs would probably help.

Metzy, I'm a little curious what you expected out of MC and Jeff...try asking them for advise about girls...

Anyway, skiing is mostly about core strength, balance, and leg strength. Work your abs like crazy, including weighted sit-ups. There are a ton of websites that have good ab workouts.

Hers'a site I use:

http://www.greatabsguide.com/html/index.ph...s&subpag=10

For leg strength and balance, try running a dry river bed, jumping from rock to rock.

Edited by ski

Ah... sex kitten and ski... the candles that burn through the darkness... :bow:

Thanks for the affirmation that I am, in fact, moving in the right direction. I'm going to break out of my "just getting started again" running program next week and actually get into the long loops that I used to do in high school. I'm really excited for this year. Sexkitten, you should definitely come out and try Nastar... its really a great time. Something crazy is always bound to happen. Anyways, I'm lookin forward to seeing the gang again. Except for Jeff. I mean, I played golf with him this summer... that was like 5 hours of Jeffisms. That pretty much makes my quota for the year.

So guys... how exactly do I score hot chicks like you? (Other than J Date...) :banghead

Tonight I cranked it up a little bit... Did a 6 mile loop up the mountain (well, what they call a mountain in central NJ) and back home. I'm feelin good now... I just have to do some low-no impact work tomorrow (probably nordic-trac) and I'll be ready to rock come friday... I'm drinking a 40oz aquafina right now... yum.

Tonight I cranked it up a little bit... Did a 6 mile loop up the mountain (well, what they call a mountain in central NJ) and back home. I'm feelin good now... I just have to do some low-no impact work tomorrow (probably nordic-trac) and I'll be ready to rock come friday... I'm drinking a 40oz aquafina right now... yum.

I hope Metz doesn't beat me in NASTAR :rofl