I think sno started blowing tonight

stevewww

Yep, i just got home, The weirdest slopes getting snow. Upper fast trask and cannonball. I walked out of my schools basketball game and looked at the mtn, and was like lets go. So we drove up and took a look.

shit i just drove up davis street and didn't see any snow clouds so i went past glenmaura course to go home instead of going up and checking it out. :banghead It definitely doesn't look like they are blowing from the road. I'm going to go up now and take a look.

Those are some weird trails to start blowing on. I'm sure they've got them going on highball or mainline too, I can't ever remember a mountian around here opening without a green. I guess this shows that they're putting an emphasis on skiing the whole 1000 vert by blowing that side.

Go down to Prudential and you would have seen they were making snow on cannonball.

did that, i'm about 95% sure there wasn't any snow being made when we were there. Drove up the cinemark road and check it out from the businesses at the top of that road, went up the the mountain itself, and down past newswatch 16, none of which yielded any sign of snowmaking at all.

did that, i'm about 95% sure there wasn't any snow being made when we were there. Drove up the cinemark road and check it out from the businesses at the top of that road, went up the the mountain itself, and down past newswatch 16, none of which yielded any sign of snowmaking at all.

Well from prudentials parking lot it looked as if cannonball was getting snow. But that may have been the glare from the lights.

Well wnep did a story on how BB is open, and then another with a story on SNO. And it said SNO plans to blow tonight.

All the lights are on, but still didn't look like any snow being blown. This was at 9:15ish. Was 29 degrees near WNEP, obviously had to be a bit colder up on the mountain.

Just got back from the Sno. Was sitting in the parking lot and the first gun turned on around 11:10. Approximately 7 or 8 guns on Whistler, and a few that appeared to be on the path you would take to get from the bottom of upper fastrack back to the Iron Horse.

Whistler?!?! These guys are taking a whole new approach to the mountain. :D:woot:woot

Whistler?!?! These guys are taking a whole new approach to the mountain. :D:woot:woot

It doesn't seem like they are blowing a base, but rather just testing the guns out. I hope i'm wrong. I don't see any chance of them opening up for the 15th either. Next week doesn't have any low temps under 30, and is also calling for rain. They should have been blowing the past couple days to get a base, but they didn't. I'm going to say no opening for the 15th.

weather

Maybe you can subtract a few degrees thinking it will be colder on the mountain, but it's still pushing it.

Im pretty sure the piping over on that side has been broken for 2 years.They are probably just testing it to see if they water runs through fine and everything.After seeing Big Boulder last night which has the same guns as Sno.Sno can open everyslope within 3 days if they really want.But if their smart they will blow on all the slopes all week so we can get a huge base and stay open forever :chea:

Im pretty sure the piping over on that side has been broken for 2 years.They are probably just testing it to see if they water runs through fine and everything.After seeing Big Boulder last night which has the same guns as Sno.Sno can open everyslope within 3 days if they really want.But if their smart they will blow on all the slopes all week so we can get a huge base and stay open forever :chea:

You gotta remember how much longer and some of our slopes are wider then BB's. It will take longer to open SNO then BB.

I only saw one new gun when i was up there last night. It could have been due to the dark, but the only one i saw was a tower gun positioned right near the lift shack at the bottom of the bunny. Didn't see any where highball and mainline are together, and none at the tops of the diamonds. Also couldn't see any of the movable guns anwyhere.