How was JF Sat 12-9

bigdaddyk

in my opinion, the boxes were set up alot better, more of a gap, better tranny onto boxes and the jump they got is like 20ft but it throws u pretty nice..

its worth to go ride for a few hours.. the other slopes were decent, i got there at like 3pm and skied for an hour, it was a lil icy

yea frost had a jump

haha yea i went to boulda today and i only saw nips once, didnt get to talk to him at all, and frick there were a lot of boarders

it was weird, I would say it was 60/40 rider/ skiers on saturday at BB's park. On Sunday more like 80/20 riders/skiers.

JF had a jump?

Went to JF yesterday (Sunday) with my kids and had a great day. Snow was incredible, really nice conditions on all the trails (and off of some of them), the new snowmaking really seems to have paid off for them.

They had a decent jump and 2 rails set up in the "ONE" park run, the other intro park trail was open as a run but no features (except for lots of trees).

This was my first visit to JFBB, but with Camelbutt refusing to play ball it was one of three alternatives and I'm really pleased we chose to go there.

My first impressions:

Even though it was early season, the coverage was great, even allowing some ventures through the trees.

The lifts are slow, but there were no lines at all

They have a nice lodge, free ski check and free skiing for my 6 year old.

The vertical is a little limited but the trails were nice and varied. It felt a little like Shawnee but with better trails and snowmaking.

From my non-park perspective (which isn't worth much), the jumps and gap-to rails looked very nicely setup, very clean and well maintained, I guess this is easy with so little traffic.

The best part was that due to the lack of traffic and the quality of the snowmaking, it never felt like it would get skied off like CB and Blue tend to.

JF will become our "blackouts and saturdays" alternative, we were very impressed.

Note to BigdaddyK, you definitely made the right choice to stick with JFBB for your season pass.

...JF will become our "blackouts and saturdays" alternative, we were very impressed.

Note to BigdaddyK, you definitely made the right choice to stick with JFBB for your season pass.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. JF&BB always had really good snow and the conditions always seem to stay good. I knew the improvements would sky rocket the snowmaking and quality. I'm still a little disappointed in the way the season pass thing went. It would be nice to get some of the discount perks back. As long as the snow conditions keep improving, I can learn to live with the pass thing ( I can't believe I just said that :blink: ).