making your own snow

grube master flex

Well I havent ever used a backyard blizzard because thats a waste of money. I do build my own snowguns with my own designs and some that I got off of websites. This summer I had been working on a tower gun and its almost finished so I am going to see how it works this winter. I did buy a new compressor on sunday so now I have brought the fire power up with3 compressors two craftsman and one ingersoll rand I also have homemade water pumps that pump about 4gpm.

If you are intrested in making snow check out www.snowguns.com they have tons of info for everything. I am a member but I don't post over there.

As soon as I get around to buying or fixing our broken damaged digital camera I will take pics. I do have one pic now of one gun in action but I don't know how to load a pic.

Edited by skifreak

Ski freak, go to my controls (top right of page)

Then click on my albums (left side of page)

Then click "Click here to create your first album!"

After that make an album

Then upload image (right side of page)

Put your happy pic in

Then view the pic, and copy the link (I think) and post it as an Img

Hmm Jeff can probably tell you if this is how you are supposed to do it, but it works, and thats all that matters.

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/uploads..._1097016280.jpg

gallery_13_10_1097016280.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:

Ok everybody I loaded in a pic of my snowgun in action(it may look a little disturbing because I couldn't find a tripod to put the gun on so disregard what it looks like im doing :rofl ) I also put in a pic of my most powerful compressor the ingersoll rand t-30 120 gallon tank. Again as soon as I can I will add more pics for everyone to see including my new compressor and tower snowgun. They are in the gallery under member albums. Enjoy.

Thanks for the help skidude.

Edited by skifreak

aside from having not alot of money, is the dangers high in making one? i heard you could blow up you face if the pressure goes into the hose or something like that. i plan on making one for my senior project so i dont have alot of time. im also a part of that site but i don't post.

this things so cool im posting it everytime > :wiggle

i have a snowgun i use, it works ok but if i had a bigger compressor it would work better, i use a karcher electric pressure washer, ski freak do u use a pressure for your gun i know u dont have to and if u do what type do u use

No, I just use a water hose. How do hook up a pressure washer to the gun I never quite understood that.

you have to get special high pressure hose if your going to hook it up for your pressure washer you have to get a whole bunch of special fittings from the karcher pressure washer company. with the pressure washer, you get more water coming out in a mist as opposed to just a garden hose making mist you get a lot more at high pressure, it is easier for the water to freeze to, just a little difference, i have used both. how many cfm is your compressor

i'd make snow just so i could have snow to play in :woot

Exactly! I have to take a pic of the hill I make the snow on in my yard. Its nice and long and in the center of the one part there is a big shrub that I put one gun on and it gets covered and it higer than the other parts where I made snow and make on huge jump on it.