i got a hydration pack!

Blong131

can i fill it with soda, redbull, koolaid or haterade for added steeze? or is it water only?

I'm pretty sure you can fill it with anything as long as you clean it pretty well afterwards. I know of a lot of people that use them to smuggle ilicit beverages into stadiums and it seems to work for them.

while the idea is to stay hydrated, you can use it for just about anything but i would stay away from highly carbonated liquids.

i suggest you get some of the cleaning accessories that are available. don't know what kind you got but Camelbak makes a cleaning kit (that will work no matter what brand) for about $20 which has 2 brushes (kind of like bottle brushes), some cleaning solution, and a reservoir drying grid.

keep it clean or you can get some funky build up in your hose!

I just bought one for Christmas but haven't used it yet...I plan on filling it with a bunch of beer on gaper day...Definitely clean it out after each use thoroughly because you don't want it to get moldy..for some reason consuming mold can't be a good thing unless it's some special 19 dollar a pound cheese..Holla

I usually have a mix of 1/2 gatorade and 1/2 water and it cleans out well. Keep it in the freezer when you aren't using it. That will keep the mold from growing. And yes it will grow quick if you don't clean it well and leave it out.

Just make sure the fill cap is open and you blow the water out of the hose before you put it in the freezer.

I just got a decent water bladder for my pack at Wally Mart for like $12-13 and the bitevalve and hose screw on and off. Why didn't CamelBak think of that?

Edited by Skizilla