Throw in the towel for a couple days?

bigdaddyk

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but after this Sunday's rain I have a feeling it is going to be really bad :banghead . If the temps are low enough for 24 hour snowmaking, which the forecast right now looks good, it might be worth closing down for a couple days to blow the shit out of both mountains. That way they could put the snow guns where they need them, without worrying about traffic. I'm willing to sacrifice a few days that would probably be shitty, that way they can get conditions back to par. I probably wouldn't go anyway, because I'd worry too much about avoiding rocks, etc, and wouldn't enjoy myself.

Edited by bigdaddyk

i could see them shutting down both mts if we get cold days but thats were the goofy hours come in to play they can blow all night till afternoon at boulder and from 4 till morning at frost

Shutting down at least JF would be a wise move until they get it back in shape again.BB will be back in shape in no time flat due to it's size.You'll see 24/7 snowmaking now if possible,I'm sure the customer's will understand and not get too upset.Back when Melanie was the GM @ JF,she would make us run the gun's all day even if they were pissing water,we would just point them into the wood's,then turn them back out when the temp's dropped again.Sure it cost more,but that was less of a hassle than shutting down then starting back up again.Also the customer's thought that they were making snow the whole time!

Frost looked like it needed to close the black on the far east side of the mountain. Everything else could just be patched up while they are blowing on other trails. I was surprised but they were in really good condition, and the temps were low enough that the snow had some firmness, especially in the shade.

Frost looked like it needed to close the black on the far east side of the mountain. Everything else could just be patched up while they are blowing on other trails. I was surprised but they were in really good condition, and the temps were low enough that the snow had some firmness, especially in the shade.

According to JF's conditions for Monday, they closed East. Mt. With the upcoming cold, they should try to also open Thunderbolt. Without thunderbolt, I don't know how they could open east mt on race days, because the challenge slope (race slope) is the only way to east mt. right now.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Shutting down at least JF would be a wise move until they get it back in shape again.BB will be back in shape in no time flat due to it's size.You'll see 24/7 snowmaking now if possible,I'm sure the customer's will understand and not get too upset.Back when Melanie was the GM @ JF,she would make us run the gun's all day even if they were pissing water,we would just point them into the wood's,then turn them back out when the temp's dropped again.Sure it cost more,but that was less of a hassle than shutting down then starting back up again.Also the customer's thought that they were making snow the whole time!

hahahaha thats freakin awesome!!!!