snowmaking new

supertrooper12

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear Creek dont get me wrong i love u guys but will you stop jerking us around liek this...i mean everytime u guys open u bust our balls by closing again and i know the snow making conditions arent helping but will one of u plz explain to me the purpose for blowing on the back side of the mountains. this is such bullshit guys, if you're not gunna be able to stay open w. decent features y open at all? i enjoyed riding this morning but it really gets under my skin knowing i'm not gunna get to ride tom.

Bear Creek dont get me wrong i love u guys but will you stop jerking us around liek this...i mean everytime u guys open u bust our balls by closing again and i know the snow making conditions arent helping but will one of u plz explain to me the purpose for blowing on the back side of the mountains. this is such bullshit guys, if you're not gunna be able to stay open w. decent features y open at all? i enjoyed riding this morning but it really gets under my skin knowing i'm not gunna get to ride tom.

:werd x2

i dont understand, they knew it was gonna rain and they knew it was gonna be in the 50's, they've been saying that alll week, so why didnt they concentrate all their extra power ( all their movable guns) on the 3 trails so at least they could stay open through the weekend and into the next snow blowing window???? oh well, im sure i couldnt run the resort so w/e... their be open again in a couple of days. at least they got a little something on the ground to work with now instead of nothing...

Actually there was a comment on the other thread that Bear Creek is already over-maxed out on guns per acre. Meaning, they can't put anymore guns on the trails, they already beyond the limit and they start to suck up each others air sometimes. With the temperature you have, they can only make so much snow per hour per gun, so at least they're using their extra pumping power on other trails, rather than just doing nothing with it. Maybe some of that snow will survive who knows.

i know everyone is pissed off that they had to close already and i am too, but think about the upcomming forecast! Bear Creek will be able to recover from this pretty quick. they should def be open by next weekend at the latest with pretty good conditions! i want to go snowboarding really bad, but i would rather see bear blow all this week with some 24 hours and not open until friday. they will get more snow made, which equals better conditions and more big features in the park. from what i hear its supposed to stay cold and i really hope that holds true so we can all see what bears parks potential really is!!!

We are watching the temperature and anticipate firing up the guns around 4PM today. We should be able to run all day tomorrow and perhaps even all day Thursday.

Right now I would guess we are looking at a 4PM Thursday or 9AM Friday opening. We will post more info as soon as it is available.

wow i coulda sworn the topic here was snowmaking new in the BEAR CREEK froum not the im gonna diss on bear for something thats not their fault in the jackass forum. Maybe if you guys got shit to talk you can go start another topic in another forum, but get outta here if you just going to "diss" bear by pointing out that other mtns are open still. And not just you ride the eastern ice, but all of you people that ride at "booter" mtn to. And by the way sno can take their "ryan neptune" designed park, and their huge gay ass billboards with people ripping some nasty 2 foot airs grabbin tindy i see posted all over the turn pike and shove em.......

p.s. i really dont hate all you people i just dont understand why you come in here and shit talk on bear for something they cant control.

haha, first off, I NEVER have been to blue, ever. I have been to bear creek last year and it was set up nice. But this years planning for snowmaking is sadly mismanaged. Again, look at places that got later startes at snowmaking then BC (eg. Sn

what people also have to understand and keep screwing up and being dumbasses about is remembering the location and water supply of bear. bear is a little futher south from jfbb and its enough for a small degree change. also bear takes their water for snowmaking from a sitting pond which is warmer then running water in rivers where most other mountains get their water. so really you cant be dissing bear for their lack of snow, all there is to diss is the sun making the water too warm

i dont know how many times people have tried to explain what i said above but the other people just dont seem to get it :banghead

haha, first off, I NEVER have been to blue, ever. I have been to bear creek last year and it was set up nice. But this years planning for snowmaking is sadly mismanaged. Again, look at places that got later startes at snowmaking then BC (eg. Sn

Whatever jackasses, they're blowing snow right now. How many of you would give you "expert" opinions if we were 5 ft deep in snow right now? Amazing how all the "experts" in here must major in snowmaking 101. That is, if you're even out of high school yet. :wiggle

Sorry, didn't know you kids would get all bent out of shape about this. :crymore:

I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot you all would be poking fun at another mtn.

btw. when is BC opening back up and when do they expect to have a park?

what people also have to understand and keep screwing up and being dumbasses about is remembering the location and water supply of bear. bear is a little futher south from jfbb and its enough for a small degree change. also bear takes their water for snowmaking from a sitting pond which is warmer then running water in rivers where most other mountains get their water. so really you cant be dissing bear for their lack of snow, all there is to diss is the sun making the water too warm

i dont know how many times people have tried to explain what i said above but the other people just dont seem to get it :banghead

Very true, I have to give them that. Time to invest in chillers for next year and hope for good wet bulb temps.