snowmaking new

supertrooper12

they have been making snow since around 9 in cascade at least, it takes longer to get all the others up and running since they have to turn them all on individualy,(i think?) but cascade seems to have some good coverage and that was just last night!!!!

they have been making snow since around 9 in cascade at least, it takes longer to get all the others up and running since they have to turn them all on individualy,(i think?) but cascade seems to have some good coverage and that was just last night!!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i was sick all day 2day and it suxs so basically all i did was watch the webcams and i noticed taht they had the blowers on for a good portion of the day. this made me extremely happy and then i got to thinkin about there business and how they almost must open by January 15th ( i think thats Martin Luther King Jr. Day) Because i mean think about it that is a holiday where most if not all business give a day off for so that means money and considering bear creek missed New Years and Christmas they are going to be pushing to open by then and that means for us locals that we mite just mite be able to go up there this weekend cuz their gunna want all the xtra cash they can have b4 that big holiday:downhill: ...We will all know by Tom. morning :clap2:bravo

anyone know y bear hasnt been turnig on their lights to make snow? i mean i dont care as long as they are still making snow!! theres alot more snow on the trails than you think, plus all night yet with blowing and proboly half of tomorrow and then tomorrow night again for some time, i think that its def possible to open for friday. tonight is supposed to be really really cold so that means really good output of snow so im thinking and praying that they will open on friday before the rain comes....

Edited by mikey

Is it just my messed up laptop or are other people seeing snow on the timberline webcam? It looks like a decent amount but mark was saying in some thread that timberline wasnt their top snowmaking target b/c it requires other trails to be open to get to it.

Edited by ryan944299

But light doesnt really reflect off dirt real well. I checked it earlier too and it was dirt and now it looks liek snow. I doubt it too that they made snow on it but for a second it got my hopes up. I guess you are right with it being the lighting.

They should try to dim down the lighting so that in the future it doesnt fake looking like snow and get dumbasses hopes up like me.

Last night when I was there it didnt really seem that they groomed out the snow to give the trails even coverage. There were some areas that already had mud coming through before the rain even started last night. All this rain in the forcast doesnt look good for hte conditions

Doug, didnt you say that Danger had made some prediction of us getting some snow soon? Another jinx or did it just get delayed for a few more weeks?

Edited by ryan944299

But light doesnt really reflect off dirt real well. I checked it earlier too and it was dirt and now it looks liek snow. I doubt it too that they made snow on it but for a second it got my hopes up. I guess you are right with it being the lighting.

They should try to dim down the lighting so that in the future it doesnt fake looking like snow and get dumbasses hopes up like me.

Thursday had some wicked flurries that actually stuck. Nothing more than a dusting, though.

Its not looking to good, just got home a lil while ago and it was good in the morning but then it started to rain and get sluchy and really bad. I wouldnt be suprised if they didnt open tommorow.......

i dont know about monday, tomorrow could be there last day...i just got back...the conditions were a little sketchy today...pretty nice in the morning 3 hours that i was there but the last 2 i was snowboarding in the rain...pretty fun, the features were well maintained