Opening?

DatKid

i'm definitly there with you, i mean its definitly possible to open tomorrow, bears just gotta commit to it. I mean i know for a fact that most of the kids at my school, myself included who got a season pass this season dont want to get one next season as it is but if bear is gonna continue like this im definitly positive they wont be getting one. I say bear just opens tomorrow for the evening from like 4 till 10 or whatever and just keep blowing till then.

Edited by live2snowboard

well see its not that they would lose a lot of pass holders its just that there may be a slight drop in the number if inuities for the next year. and plus they are building the new hotel so bear creek will be one of the biggest east coast resorts. not many resorts can live up to taht name

i think they should wait until the weekend. they can blow again tomorrow night, that way theyll have more snow. next week is going to be cold. one day less wont play much into the grand scheme of things. and live2snowboard, im not holding my anger against bear, and you shouldnt either. they cant controll the weather, only kim jong il can.

Edited by Dirt McGirt

i'm definitly there with you, i mean its definitly possible to open tomorrow, bears just gotta commit to it. I mean i know for a fact that most of the kids at my school, myself included who got a season pass this season dont want to get one next season as it is but if bear is gonna continue like this im definitly positive they wont be getting one. I say bear just opens tomorrow for the evening from like 4 till 10 or whatever and just keep blowing till then.

I AGREE!!!!!

and like someone else said why wait till after the rain just liek in the beginning of the season...take the chance while we have it cause we dont know how many more we are going to get

i think they should wait until the weekend. they can blow again tomorrow night, that way theyll have more snow. next week is going to be cold. one day less wont play much into the grand scheme of things. and live2snowboard, im not holding my anger against bear, and you shouldnt either. they cant controll the weather, only kim jong il can.

haha i have nothing but love for bear. im just being realistic about the situation. I mean not alot of the seasonpass holders that i know are happy at all with the way Bear has been these past months.

A new hotel is not going to make Bear Creek one of the biggest resorts on the East Coast..i

Indeed, i mean i dont know many people who would go all the way down there just because the hotel is nice... The mountain itself has to offer something for it to claimed as one of the biggest resorts in the east coast

Edited by live2snowboard

they definitly will take a hit in season pass sales next year. why the hell would you buy a pass to bear when you can drive 40 min to blue who was open almost a month longer than bear, who will blow as much as they can when they can. i know nexxt season i will most likely be gettin a pass to blue. no hate on bear its just i want to ride next season not sit around waiting for them to open.

Edited by supertrooper12

yea but bro 40 minutes there 40 minutes back and bear had one bad start blue had the same thing and so did most of the ski resorts in the area. We cant not go to bear becuz of the weather its all this damn el nino crap; i'm not hear to bitch and moan i just dont want to c bear take a big hit in pass sales. i bought an unlimited for 3 years now like i mite just get a less pass like off-peak idk how u guys feel but we cant blame bear and they even talking about reimburstment which shows they care

its the fact that Bear is always the first one to close. I mean fine Blue i can understand, but Spring Mt.? I mean come on, i just wanna ride, as nice as Bear's park is this season ive made up my mind not to get a season pass next season after this dissappointing season, and im sure while many people on this forum disagree with me, i know plenty of passholders who feel the exact same way.

im gonna have to agree with you on this one. I personally wouldnt mind a sat. opening. not only b/c i cant go friday but they extra day of blowing on thursday night and friday to groom and prepare for a saturday morning opening. the less days the snow is ridden on the better it will hold up for mlk weekend.

oh and live2snowboard, there is a reason BC has to close before and cant blow as early as the pocono resorts. before you start complaining next time take into consideration that BC is the southernmost "pocono" resort and often has to wait for their water supply to cool down

it really has nothing to do w/ bear its just people wanna ride and bear creek was not the best place to get a pass this year. and we do know that they wait for the possible times to blow snow to improve quality. but people just wanna get out there. like someone else said here somewhere. we complain alot about shit but we will take anything we can get.

im gonna have to agree with you on this one. I personally wouldnt mind a sat. opening. not only b/c i cant go friday but they extra day of blowing on thursday night and friday to groom and prepare for a saturday morning opening. the less days the snow is ridden on the better it will hold up for mlk weekend.

oh and live2snowboard, there is a reason BC has to close before and cant blow as early as the pocono resorts. before you start complaining next time take into consideration that BC is the southernmost "pocono" resort and often has to wait for their water supply to cool down

exactly. honestly i would not be that mad if they didnt open this weekend. its going to get real warm, and they need to consolidate as much snow as possible if all of you guys want an april closing. we all know that they will open within the next week without much doubt, there is plenty of time to pay off that season pass everyone bought once they do. and bears prices are very reasonable on their passes, and their offpeak policies are really good as well, where as most resorts dont allow you to ride on weekends and holidays with themm, bear lets you ride at night which is frickin butter.

i cant wait to get out and play in that snow, and ill probobly buy a pass to bear next year if im still in the area. of the times ive been to bear,ive never seen anything that made me say wtf? like i do at other mountains. the management knows what they are doing, and they more then deserve the little money the ask for us to pay for their passes.

edit:just looked at the cams, and timberline looks to have a good deal of snow. maybe there will be many trails open when they do?

Edited by Dirt McGirt

Can we get an update on the website to know if bears gonna be open?????? i wanna make plans for saturday and i gotta know if im gonna be able to ride bear or if im gonna have to go up to bb....

Their website says FRIDAY the 12th, 4pm! :rock

It's gonna be CROWDED! so relax and be thankful for being on the slopes!

Holiday weekends bring out all typess and their ski school will be hopping.