JF This (Holiday)Weekend...

bbg

I'll be at JF first thing on Friday, for fresh Pocono powder. Not sure what time or where I'll be Sat. and Sun. It depends on the weather. They are calling for snow during parts of the day and rain during the other parts during the weekend. Right now, they are calling for snow after 10pm on Sunday...if that holds, I'll be there for midnight madness.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Whoever didn't go to JF on Saturday missed a good morning, despite the light rain. Conditions were fast, first thing, and the snow was nice and soft. The rain kept the large crowds away. Matter of fact, I think I might have been one of the only people on East Mt., except for the patrolers, for the first 45 minutes or so. I was sort of surprised at how much snow disappeared over the last day. I'm not worrying though, because according to the website, they should have all but three trails open by the 20th. I talked to a patroler and he told me that they plan on blowing whenever possible next week...the last few days they were turning the guns off when the mt. opened. Hopefully things work out, I'm looking forward to more trails :rock .