hospital trip on friday

illusion154

im a decent snowboarder and ive gone off all types of jumps cant do 360s yet but i like to get air off them. i went to Jf last saturday and i was in 1 park i went off the first jump thinking its nothing compared to boulder park which i Can do and the jumps r alot biggas i was going off it i wobbled a little bit and as i got to the lip i turned sideways b/c i lost my balance i flew in the air and dropped 14 on my back. went to the hospital after and i brused my spinal cord and fractured my vertibrate in my back

im a decent snowboarder and ive gone off all types of jumps cant do 360s yet but i like to get air off them. i went to Jf last saturday and i was in 1 park i went off the first jump thinking its nothing compared to boulder park which i Can do and the jumps r alot biggas i was going off it i wobbled a little bit and as i got to the lip i turned sideways b/c i lost my balance i flew in the air and dropped 14 on my back. went to the hospital after and i brused my spinal cord and fractured my vertibrate in my back

You might want to invest in a back pad. I took a mean fall at Bear Creek 2 years ago. Came off short on an up-flat-down rail that was built up on a jump, flat was rutted out, couldn't get a footing, and flew about 15 feet out as I watch the landing pass me by. Landed flat on my back. Luckily, didn't do too much damage (attribute that to building up back muscles at the gym). Being in the air was like slow motion. Anyway, I wear a few different pads and a helmet. Before anyone starts hatin, I have a 16 year old mindset in a 30 year old body. I enjoy going big and want to do it as long as I can. But I need to make it to work on Monday to pay my mortgage and for my wedding. Riding is what I truly love to do

im a decent snowboarder and ive gone off all types of jumps cant do 360s yet but i like to get air off them. i went to Jf last saturday and i was in 1 park i went off the first jump thinking its nothing compared to boulder park

Hard lesson... Please peeps speed check, ride around or whatever you need to do to check out the features before hitting them.

That sucks dude, although its not unheard of. A jump the size of the one at JF can seriously fuck you up. Both my brother and best friend have face planted jumps that size and it was nasty. My brother's nose was bleeding like a river and my best friend fucked up his neck and had to do some therapy for a while although he is ok and back riding now - although he won't do the park anymore. So always check that shit out, sorry about your injury man that sucks.

after i woke up like 10 seconds later and i tryed to breathe (even tho i cudent) i just laid there and then i felt the pain. holy Sh!t like nothing ive ever felt . Ski patrol didnt bother coming cuz there pricks i just waited until i felt like i cud go down the rest of the trail in aganoizng pain.

i just went off it and literally like that guy said i see my landing go right pass my feet and its SERIOUSLy like slowmotion until u hit the ground i guess ur body starts to adjust to the fall.

its just the lip of the jump was bigger then i expected

i mean i even wrk there for christ sakes the doctor said my season is over but.........i went yest not going off any rails and jibs and jumps not for a good while

I have to disagree illusion154. The Ski Patrol at JFBB especially JF are definitely not pricks. I have a lot of friends that have been hurt at JF some even serious and I thought the JF Ski Patrol was very courteous and professional. I have rode up the lift with several patrollers and have seen people wipe out, and I have turned to the patrollers and said so what do you guys do about that. They watch, and then if they can tell for sure the person is injured they will radio it in. They said unfortunately so many people lay there and arent hurt that everyone who falls cant be radioed in. They say they will personally ski over there and check it out.

I have all but praise for the Jack Frost Ski Patrol and the dedicated men and women on it. I have been to many resorts and they seem to be some of the most professional and dedicated people. Did you know most are volunteers you see?

I had a friend once on the Bear Creek ski patrol but he isnt there anymore so I used to ski with him alot and now I spend alot of time at JFBB with friends so I have interacted with quite a few.

i guess that was just one bad experience with ski patrol their cause when i tore my acl they were all over it, and i just kinda insisted i was fine. ski patrol at jfbb is so rad, like theyre so chill about everything and theyre really nice...theyre really not pricks, it just sounds like you had a bad experience where no one was there, which doesnt happen often, but i guess it does occasionally

dont get me wrong id be upset too, but you cant base everything off of one bad experience

and good luck on the recovery, get better quick

Edited by k2fujative

They can only cover so much of the mountain dude. Im sure you didnt make any attempt to get them there either. Most ski patrol calls one patroller told me is from family and friends and other guests that see someone hurt and tell someone. Then they quickly mobilize to respond. They are never far so once the page comes out they are all over it. Next time tell someone to get ski patrol or just wait a few more minutes and someone will ski by.

Sorry Illusion154, the only reason I come so quickly to their defense is because of how they have treated me, my family, and my friends. I have yet to have even a little issue with them. Its comforting for me and im sure many other families to know how good they are at JF.

Edited by bbg