Blue V. Cb

skidude

Well what I got was blue was pretty shitty.  Lots of icy hardpack. and yeah just wasn't too fun.  CB had a lot more snow and was warmer :rolleyes:

today was alot warmer too. But i skiied cb on friday and they didnt have enough soft snow (all ice on the dimaonds) where as when i got to blue everything was nice and snowing except challenge because it was the first day open in such frigid temps, it needed another night of grooming (felt like you were skiing on a vibrator)

haven't been to CB but blue was real nice at least this past Sat. won't be back that far north till spring break. till then it's west virginia mountains for me...

to me, blue always has nicer snow then camelback, i find camelbacks dimamonds especially to be always scrapped off and the dam front 4 always have those "humps" now the middle....groom it freakin FLAT!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever seen a ski area grooming open slopes? I thought it was a mistake when I saw it at Montage last week, but I was watching from the lift as big-ass Bully groomers were building up the gap jumps today, while boarders were simply avoiding the one's being worked on. It was pretty cool, sort of like a mouse just f*ing around right in front of a snake, or something.

Probably about 5 years ago or more, at Hidden Valley (in north NJ next to Mtn Creek). It was a "holy shit" moment when I was going down a faily narrow trail and met a groomer coming up the trail head on. It was during the day, mid-week. I was really surprised they didn't at least have somebody on a snowmobile scout in front of it. Doubt whether they do that anymore. Any injury to me would have been a slam dunk in court.

Isn't Montage still govenment owned by the city of Scranton or something like that? Maybe they figure since Scranton is bankrupt anybody suing the ski area gets squat.

Yeah, you nailed it Slickk...it's county owned and one less skier from Scranton is one more open bowling lane. Ever see Woody Harrelson in Kingpin? The state champion bowler gets his hand cut off for trying to hustle, then wakes up in an alcoholic fog 20 years later and where is is? Living in Scranton! The movie asks the age old question: "Can you get sick from drinking piss?"