Mountain Creek as of 1/27

method9455

Hey, so not much activity in here but a little on the current state at MC.

Parks:

Half moon with a beginner flat box and a beginner battleship box, and small table top is open. From there go down horizon to Sayonara where there the same setup of 4 big jibs. That is a flat box on the right into the 50+ foot down flat gap down box. The left side is a 40 foot double barrel into a flat gap down box, about 60 foot total.

Snowmaking on Sugar Jib & Khyber. No snowmaking on Independence or Exhibition yet, tiny bit on the pipe but not much. Park features probably coming to Sugar Jib next, then the main park excluding Independence. No promises on dates but they're making a lot of snow.

Freeriding:

Great Northern and Indian Pass are open for free riding. A lot of snowmaking the last few days, and they opened them ungroomed. So man made powder, now bumps. Not sure how long that will last but I suspect they will just fire up the guns everynight and put more and more down as they get closer to building stuff. Should be lots of fun for the next few days.

Lower eagle is in the same state as well.

Zero G and Upper Eagle are close to open.

The long green trail (Horizon) is in excellent shape, as well as a few more on Granite.

Once Zero G and Upper Eagle are open, snowmaking on Pipeline and Devils bit will be next and they'll be 100% on Vernon & Granite for free riding. Parks are coming soon. Not sure exactly what the deal is with South yet. I've heard rumors a pump is broken, and they're awaiting parts. I've also heard they plan on opening it eventually - still plenty of cold weather left and weekends left. I'd probably rather they just pump out more on Vernon and Granite and stay open later at this point but not sure whats going to happen with that.

It's no longer a trail actually. I think they just consider Pipeline all the way down, and they disconnected the part that came off of Southern Sojourn. I believe there was originally thought of more trails to the skiers left of pipeline that would dump down onto Granite View - because it didn't make much sense really. It took a lot of snow for almost no skier traffic. As a snowboarder, barely possible to make it down that trail without unstrapping at some points. Its not the first trail that no longer exists, its too bad that skimaps.com is dead but you could see there used to be more trails on South and Vernon.

Yep, completely downhill. I'm not sure its really the park crew's fault - they just haven't been open enough, and when they have been open so little terrain has been open there is just no room for a park. This jibs are quality and the setups are nice, they just have had a space smaller than 1/4 of the Freedom Park at JF or 1/2 size of Come Around at Blue for it. Imagine if the Jiblab guys had snow of Laurel Glade at Camelback what they could do? Instead they were given a piece of snow about 50 feet by 200 feet both times and are expected to accommodate a couple hundred park riders. Its ridiculous.

greatgorge.gif

heres a old map when it was vernon valley/great gorge, i think thats Granite and South

you can see how they had more trails back then

How are they suppose to open terrain without being able to blow snow? its not the park crews fault...Theyve been blowin snow all week and im sure the main park will be awsome this weekend, if not then its their fault.....but in no way is this crappy start to the season the park crews fault.

No I'm saying its NOT the park crews fault and I fell bad for them and thats the reason why a lot of people left. Actually its not even the snow makers fault - Mountain Creek just has shitty weather. I'd blame whoever designed the snowmaking system, it needs to pump faster for a given amount of time. They don't get many windows so during that time they need to make more snow.