Park Passes at CB

Papasteeze

Well, I saw Park Crew in action at CB explaining to patrons at the top of the gate, who knows what...

The pipe looked great for minimal amount of traffic and only skilled people as far as I could tell. What I am interested in is knowing some answers to the questions posed to the Park Crew by people who didn't have passes?

I would probably respond "if you don't understand why you need a pass then our pass system is working great by keeping people like you out!" :)

so lets hear some great questions and answers!

Mentioned it else where but...

Park pass was nice. Seems to be working, and thankfully the park crew guys recognized me so I didn't have to keep showing my pass every time through. I think the real test will be when rhodo opens.

Well, I saw Park Crew in action at CB explaining to patrons at the top of the gate, who knows what...

The pipe looked great for minimal amount of traffic and only skilled people as far as I could tell. What I am interested in is knowing some answers to the questions posed to the Park Crew by people who didn't have passes?

I would probably respond "if you don't understand why you need a pass then our pass system is working great by keeping people like you out!" :)

so lets hear some great questions and answers!

We were there on Saturday afternoon. My kids and husband were waiting in line and I was on the other side of the fence watching. Some guy walks by me heading to the barn to get his pass and yells to his friends in a nasty tone, "I've got to sign some stupid form".

It took all my willpower not to respond, "it keeps people like YOU out".

BTW everyone.......the park crew guys in the barn do ask to see some id when you sign up for your pass. I didn't have any on me but fortunately my husband did. So just remember to bring some.

Which got me thinking.....I really should carry some form of id with me on the slopes.

We were there on Saturday afternoon. My kids and husband were waiting in line and I was on the other side of the fence watching. Some guy walks by me heading to the barn to get his pass and yells to his friends in a nasty tone, "I've got to sign some stupid form".

In all fairness, I can picture someone who wants to go into the park who didn't know about the new pass system and has to "waste time" off the slope to get signed up. On the other hand, I would think they would be stoked to know that they are going to get more of a quality experience once signed up.

In all fairness, I can picture someone who wants to go into the park who didn't know about the new pass system and has to "waste time" off the slope to get signed up. On the other hand, I would think they would be stoked to know that they are going to get more of a quality experience once signed up.

Exactly......if we all had to go back to the base lodge to sign the forms then I could see people getting angry. I didn't see anyone else mumble about it, even when waiting in the barn to sign the forms. Everyone seemed happy to have the park pass system in place.

I usually don't swear, but what's the fucking point? This morning "upper management" decided that the EXPERT PARK PASS ONLY PARK was too dangerous and had the park crew move the fencing from the top of the trail (where there was some extra pitch to pick up speed) to about 15 feet in front of the pipe (where it's pretty flat). To get a really good first hit you need to skip what would have been the first 2 hits in the pipe. They made the pipe pretty short to start with, now the front portion isn't usable. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but what a let down. The lady checking park passes let me know about the suggestion box in the cafeteria. They might as well have an additional one at the park.

After this move, I don't really think rhodo will be anything special. I wouldn't even be surprised if they didn't have any gapped lips to the rails.

BB - Best park

Blue - Best gaper park

CB - Most creative marketing team

Also, papasteeze for a good laugh check out the tree jib in the LG park.

Edited by Glenn

I hope it isn't as easy for everyone as it was for me to get a park pass... I walked in with my brother showed no ID signed the paper and the card and hiked up to the pipe, it took about 2 minutes and most of it was hiking to the pipe.

But I did really like how rental equipment will never be allowd in, that made me smile.

But I didn't like where they had the "entrance", on sunday but on saturday it was fine.

Over all I think it'll make riding the pipe more of a place to actually try to improve yourself than a fighting pit like years before.

I had to step away and take a breathe cause the coincidence is too ironic. Glenn at the time you were posting I was browsing Zauggs website, trying to figure out how I could link to the dimensions of the suggested drop in also in reference to the question posed about the order of calling your drops and then I read your post.

http://www.zauggamerica.com/resort/pipegroomers/pipe.shtml

I guess I feel bad for Craig now. I am betting that he is simply doing his job to hype up the info given to him, not knowing what we know. He and his team do a great job of hyping stuff up, it's not his job to see the representations through. No, there is someone or a couple of people to specifically blame for poor judgement. They know all the right things to say, but I am really starting to question the compentacy of the building staff there.

Here again. The Jib Lab guys first contacted CB last fall and then ended up at BB - as far as I know they are still available.

I hope it isn't as easy for everyone as it was for me to get a park pass... I walked in with my brother showed no ID signed the paper and the card and hiked up to the pipe, it took about 2 minutes and most of it was hiking to the pipe.

Wait......... you didn't have to watch a video? they had me show proof of ID

Edited by Papasteeze

I usually don't swear, but what's the fucking point? This morning "upper management" decided that the EXPERT PARK PASS ONLY PARK was too dangerous and had the park crew move the fencing from the top of the trail (where there was some extra pitch to pick up speed) to about 15 feet in front of the pipe (where it's pretty flat). To get a really good first hit you need to skip what would have been the first 2 hits in the pipe. They made the pipe pretty short to start with, now the front portion isn't usable. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but what a let down. The lady checking park passes let me know about the suggestion box in the cafeteria. They might as well have an additional one at the park.

After this move, I don't really think rhodo will be anything special. I wouldn't even be surprised if they didn't have any gapped lips to the rails.

BB - Best park

Blue - Best gaper park

CB - Most creative marketing team

Also, papasteeze for a good laugh check out the tree jib in the LG park.

The fence was pretty close to the top of the pipe on Sunday, kind of level with the tree line at the top of the trail.

I guess this was so you could ride from the glen lift to upper moores ramble rather than to deliberately restrict the run in to the pipe.

Maybe once the main park is open they will effectively make this lift the access to both park and pipe, they would only lose moores ramble in doing so, they could add some extra features to those for the park peeps.

Personally as one who doesn't ride park or pipe (yet), I would care if they cut off this entire section of the mountain for park features, it's fairly self contained around that lift.

Edited by Timeless

ah........ yes, the sliver tongued guy with the gift of gab.

Maybe once the main park is open they will effectively make this lift the access to both park and pipe, they would only lose moores ramble in doing so, they could add some extra features to those for the park peeps.

Personally as one who doesn't ride park or pipe (yet), I would care if they cut off this entire section of the mountain for park features, it's fairly self contained around that lift.

I like the way you think.

I like the way you think.

At first I thought this would make the stevenson extremely sucluded, but with the new hotel coming in, that actually would be a great idea. I don't see it happening under current management, but it would basically be an area the size of BC with multiple lifts seperating two halfs of a mountian... all park. I'm thinking it would be WAY to crowded for my liking, but they could make OODLES of money.

At first I thought this would make the stevenson extremely sucluded, but with the new hotel coming in, that actually would be a great idea. I don't see it happening under current management, but it would basically be an area the size of BC with multiple lifts seperating two halfs of a mountian... all park. I'm thinking it would be WAY to crowded for my liking, but they could make OODLES of money.

Hold that thought... it would be perfect, I wonder if that is exactly what the master plan is? I wondered why the pipe was put where it was. Too bad they are not doing it now. Besides I don't believe there wont be trail expansion include with the new hotel. At least I hope so for allof your sakes. can you imagine another 1000 people on the slopes there.

I was bitching quite a bit sunday morn. "why the fuck do i need to fill this shit out" , " video? wtf" . yeah im a dick what can i say? All i know is its not really ganna keep ppl out, this lady was signing up all her little like 5 year olds up for park passes . so its not ganna stop pizzas and rocking the lips of jumps from being thrown down in the parks.

and yeah i rode the pipe once and left after i realized i hate pipe.

Edited by poop

Here again. The Jib Lab guys first contacted CB last fall and then ended up at BB - as far as I know they are still available.

papa as a regular member of CB's msg board before it got shut down i remember you mentioning the Jib lab guys talking to cb AFTER then split ways from camelback. I was wondering if that's what you meant of if you we're with holding info for the sake of the board, thats the only question I had.

and on the pipe issue, i was there last sunday after they opened it and i really saw no problem with the park, i showed my pass, picked my line and droped and was able to get some good hit outta it. i was a fan

papa I hate to call out your kid but saying (i am quoting a seperate post i found) that there was only one good hit, totally wrong, and i got to the mtn at 3:30 pm. Part of the reason these kids don't like pipe these day is because there hitting too many rails and boxes, they detune their equiptment or it just gets worn down because of what thier riding. Before i went to the halfpipe (because I am a pipe enthusiest) i made sure my equiptment was properly tuned (aka, sharp edges, fresh wax etc) and I HAD A BLAST!!!!!!

so kids, before you jump to conclusions make sure you know what your reading and talking about before you start to be like "man this shit sucks" cuz if you really can't go to the mtn and have a good time, just stop skiing or riding. (and i really don't mean to be mean here, just that kids angry posts w/o proper meaning bugs me)