How is Rhodo, can someone please post the setup.......

YellowSnowJerseyPro

looks like a little kid, making the whole thing look huge.

I just took another look at the picture, and noticed he has a leg bag. That kid is in high school but probably 6 feet tall. He is at CB with some regularity...

daily_hi_6_l.jpg

Edited by Glenn

I cant comment on the quality of the features in Rhodo, but having spent some considerable time on the raceway lift this weekend I can say a couple of things.

1) That up/down box looks freaking scary to someone like me (that's probably a good thing) but the few (2-3) people I saw hit it did so with some style so it really can't be too bad for experienced park rats.

2) 90% of the people running through that park either hit nothing at all, or made some lame attempt over one of the jumps.

This goes back to Glenn's point that the set-up between there and LG is too polarizing, one too advanced, the other too easy but you can't please everyone. The competition run they put on sunbowl looked more like what Glenn was looking for, but as soon as it was up people on here were calling it "gay". go figure.

CB's park crew seem to have done a decent job at providing some really challenging features, the real problem I see with Rhodo is that it's really just too small to make a really balanced and varied advanced park.

They really should just sacrifice upper moores ramble as a trail, spread the features across the two trails and through lower moore's and dedicate the glen lift to the parks.

As a non-park seaon pass holder I would have no objection to this at all.

I didn't know the stuff on sunbowl was open to the public. It didn't look great, but a much better setup than rhodo. I'll reserve all further judgment on rhodo until I sack up and hit the up-down.

it wasn't, I was just using it as reference point for the kind of features you may have been looking for. My point was that they don't have space in that on run to have both the existing features and another set of that size.

As for rhodo, maybe the entry requirements for discusing the merits of the park should be as you put it "to sack up and hit the up-down"

As for rhodo, maybe the entry requirements for discusing the merits of the park should be as you put it "to sack up and hit the up-down"

Well discussing the park in general and discussing the particular setups in rhodo are two different things. There is no doubt in my mind that someone who has only riden the LG park should NEVER try to attempt the flat down or the flat rail in the park as their first "gap on" jibs. As far as my own abilities on those features, as I said, when I get the balls I'll comment.

Edited by Glenn

I hit everything in the Rhodo park over the weekend. Here's my take on the stuff they had set up.

40 ft flat rail: Very smooth with a nice gap on. Not really set up for anybody that's not already comfy on rails. I had fun on it...

Jib box thingy to the right of the flat rail: At first i wasnt sure quite how to hit it. It's a lot different than anything i've ridden on before, but this is what i wound up having the most fun on at Camelback all weekend. I think that rotating it up the hill a bit would be cool, but it could be set up a bunch of different ways, none being wrong. Good creative feature.

Bigger Jump: Didnt really kick you that high, but it was a cool floater.

Smaller Jump: Kinda launched you a little far if you didnt speed check a lot. Ok if you had the right speed.

Flat Down: I'm not totally sure why it's on a huge ass pile of snow, it's really smooth but kinda weird cause the rail itself is super wide. This is the one feature that i think really really really needs to be set up again.

Wall Ride: The new angle on the wall makes it less of a death wish. Once they get some more snow for a good tranny it'll be nice. I'm not really sure what's going to happen if anybody goes over the back.....either get impaled by an areco gun, tangled in the supports or fall 20 feet onto flat ground.

Hip: pretty standard mini hip...

the guys in the tindy had to test all the features as pre op before it was open to the public.

brtndominat i don't know why u had to wait so long for a park pass, saturday morning i was handing out passes right at 9.

and as strbrgskibum said, its not as good as mtn creek or big boulder but it is a very big step in the right direction.

the guys in the tindy had to test all the features as pre op before it was open to the public.

brtndominat i don't know why u had to wait so long for a park pass, saturday morning i was handing out passes right at 9.

and as strbrgskibum said, its not as good as mtn creek or big boulder but it is a very big step in the right direction.

yeah i didnt get it.. willy told me Kim would be there by 10 so i waited then at 10 lance told me she wasnt gonna get there til 11.. then after i took my bros pass and went through lance to get to the pipe he told me (this is 11:30) she would be there in 10 mins.. so i just showed him my bros pass and went through since i had to leave at 12-12:30 i couldnt wait around on this kim chick.. oh well it was a fun day other then that..

camelSACK

CamelWack?

Oh, thought I would mention, if CB (or any mountain) wanted to make their park good (even top notch) hiring the park logic guys is the way to go. They know what is good bad and awful. The change they made in a few months at JF/BB is unbelievable. While they are still on the market, someone with enough foresight should hire them. I'm sure ANY park rider on this message board given the option would hire them if they were in a GM position.

CB won't do that cause it has only been suggested to them by a bunch of entitled park rats who...... ne'ermind.... :)

40 ft flat rail: Very smooth with a nice gap on. Not really set up for anybody that's not already comfy on rails. I had fun on it...

The medium park will be open 1st week of Feb 07 - no worries..

For being head ski patrol, you're sure a rude mo-fo..remember slow deliberate turns..

I don't believe he is the head of ski patrol... I think some old guy is, and I don't believe '911 is old...

Edited by skidude

The park is too easy...the park is too hard, there is not enough snow....don't close the trail to make snow, etc.

I don't dumb down your posts, please don't dumb down mine. I was talking about lack of progressive features, ie a way to safely and stylishly learn new tricks and move them from the easy to hard features.

Also I'd like you to point out anyone who said there isn't enough snow

I don't have a problem with closing for snow making, it's kind of frustrating but I'm not going to complain. Doug is just a CB forum troll.

So we shouldn't close trails and make more snow? You people are funny. The park is too easy...the park is too hard, there is not enough snow....don't close the trail to make snow, etc.

were not funny,well we are, but most of us know what were talking about. dont get uppity because you guys cant get it right. boulder got it right, bear creek got it right, blues sorta there, shawnee and mountain creek both get it.

its not that hard to make a good park, bears park was soo fun the first time they opened with bare spots everywhere in december.

a dude came into my work and we were talkin about snowboarding(he had a forum shirt on so i asked). he proceeded to say he bought a cb season pass and regrets it....

edit:the picture of that rail looks like its the perspective that makes it really big.

Edited by Dirt McGirt

edit:the picture of that rail looks like its the perspective that makes it really big.

if you are talking about CB's flat down.. or should i say up down.. then no its not the picture that makes it look me, the thing is just big itself haha the biggest flat/down or up/down ive hit.. but that was mainly the only thing i liked about rhodo

I apologize for "dumbing' the post a little. It just gets a little frustrating reading complaints about things that need attention, then get attention, then compaints about the attention they get! There just never seems to be any pleasing of some of the members here (although, I don't think they would admit it if they were pleased).

I am not the "head" patroller, I may be considered "old" by some standards, but, I am the biggest! Try to keep up.....I'll wait at the bottom for ya.