New member here, What's up guys?

seal614

Hey guys I recently stumbled across these forums for a second time and realized how useful they are. My name is Brian, I'm a senior at U. Penn and when in PA I ride almost exclusively at Blue.

I thought I'd say hi and find out if you guys ever meet up to chill on the slopes or whatever. I do recall exchanging a few PMs on newschoolers with Kevin Thomas waaay back in the day... never met up though. I was at Blue the past 2 fridays. I wear a white hoodie and black pants, and I ride on '05 K2 Enemys (the fascist looking ones).

Hit me back guys, good to be aboard. For the hell of it, here's me rocking my old (and deceased) Enemy's further up north.

mute1.jpg

Chances are you don't. He sits in his room all day, or in the library. He's a dork and was devestated when he got an A- which ruined his 4.0 :banghead

haha you are probably correct. I'm an engineer; let's just say I DON'T have a 4.0, not by a longshot.

I'm thinking of going again friday, I'll let you guys know.

Hey Brian, welcome to the site.

I'm a junior in engineering over at Drexel (fourth year out of 5 though :(). My GPA is also nowhere near a 4.0 (it can't be if you're ever gonna do anything fun).

Do you have a season pass or just buy lift tickets? I'm interested in buying a pass for next year but am not too sure how often I can get up there. Any ski area is a hike from Philly, the round trip is about $15-$20 between gas/tolls.

What's up Steve, my older brother just graduated from Drexel's 5 year (Electrical & Computer Engineer)... and is now working full time at Penn! They're treating him pretty nicely, as they should; Drexel engineers are the real deal.

I don't have a season pass, normally 3 or 4 of us just hop in a car and make the trip on a friday (as a senior I have no class on fridays for the first time ever!) and ski during the day. The tickets are $34 for a full-day student which is pretty nice. I have my own gear and last time my lady-friend had EZ-pass so... count it!

If you get up and on the road at the right time you can make it to Blue in something like 1 hour 15 minutes (no joke).

Just out of curiosity where do you live? I'm up at 40th and Spruce. We have a hot tub and kegerator here so if you ever find yourself drunk on our side of U. City it's worth a look! haha.

I'm at 32nd and Race. I don't hit up your area unless i'm going to Allegro's, but if you're throwing any parties give me a shout.

I'm also in Electrical Engineering, it's pretty rough (send your brother my condolences). Every term I try to get a day off, but their scheduling doesn't allow for it. So much for trying to work while in class.

What kind of music are you into? We have shows at our place, usually about one per month, very good stuff if your into the music. We do stuff in most genres, we have a metal/hardcore show coming up this weekend (Feb 10) with a punk/hardcore/indie show in 2 weeks (Feb 24). 3 of the bands have played here before, they're all amazing. Come check it out if you're interested, I love getting new people into these bands. Same goes for anyone else in/around Philly. http://www.myspace.com/planbhouse.

Btw. A hot tub? Do one of you own that or did it come with the place? I'd like to get a kegerator over here but nobody wants to spend the money. Also, check out Yards Brewing if you're not already aware. Best beer in the city, you should definitely put one of their kegs in your kegerator and give it a shot. They give free tours on Saturdays (free beer :)).

A.) I've been making weekly trips to Yard's since December '05, $20 cases baby!

B.) I bet you know my boy Brian Shneck? I can almost promise he's playing in one of those gigs.

C.) I eat at Allegro's once every other day, I live within 50 feet, good stuff!

D.) Hot Tub is part of the place, but splitting anything with 10 other roommates makes life cheap: Cable, Kegs, Hot Tub, etc...