Snow rumors

volklyokel

My uncle lives up in Clifford a few miles from Elk and I am tempted to make a visit this weekend even though its Presidents Weekend.

NWS forecast for Union Dale

Tonight...Snow. Snow May be heavy at Times after midnight. Snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches. Lows near 10. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill values as low as 7 below.

Wednesday...Snow. Snow May be heavy at Times. Additional snow accumulation of 12 to 16 inches. Cold with highs 15 to 20. North winds 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill values as low as 7 below.

Wednesday Night...Snow in the evening...Then a chance of snow showers after midnight. Additional snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Brisk and cold with lows zero to 5 above. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill values as low as 18 below.

24 to 34 inches? I will believe it when I see it but hey a foot would be awesome.

EDIT: I looked at weather.com and they had 4 to 6 for Wednesday daytime so maybe there is a mistake in there.

Edited by CaptDave

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy fuck, if i was in the poconos right now, i would be leaving for elk at like 5 AM in hopes of getting there in time for opening. (i live like an hour away in normal conditions) Nice thing about the east coast is that they won't close the interstate like they will out here.

Jordan