Snow rumors

volklyokel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Provide links for us Jordan! I still am not believing this snow yet.

easternuswx.com

but they closed down the board to guests because their servers are getting bogged down

you can look at the american models here if you want http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/

Edited by jordan

The new computer model runs give the Lehigh Valley a foot plus of snow with one of them (the Canadian model) giving us upwards of two feet of light, fluffy, powdery snow

attached is a map of potential snow accumulations bases on a 10:1 snow ratio which may be too low. Ration may be around 15:1 thus giving us more.post-660-1171131678_thumb.jpg

What is the link for these maps?

for those of us not interested in the geekery but are interested in the snow, can you explain this map a little?

For eastern PA, that translates into at least 6 inches of snow, the darker blue could be around a foot. Keep in mind, that's only for a six hour time period, a lot could change either way, also. Man, if we haven't jinxed this storm.

For the weather weenies, go to the forum below and check out the headlines:

http://p209.ezboard.com/ftristateweatherfrm7

Edited by bigdaddyk

Forecasters are actually predicting a change over from snow to rain at night, but I doubt that would happen. But still, a foot of snow is always nice, and it will stay around because temps are supposedly staying in the twenties and even teens! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Forecasters are actually predicting a change over from snow to rain at night, but I doubt that would happen. But still, a foot of snow is always nice, and it will stay around because temps are supposedly staying in the twenties and even teens! :rock :rock :rock :rock

it all depends on the storm track, if the storm track is farther out to sea, it will be all snow, if it is closer to the coast, then yes it will change over to rain

Forecasters are actually predicting a change over from snow to rain at night,...

Last I heard, that was for the coastal states and not the Poconos. The latest forecast for Lake Harmony. These temps would make it champegne powder...something were rarely see.:

Monday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. North wind between 5 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday: A chance of snow, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 15. Wind chill values between -2 and 3. Northeast wind between 9 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Tuesday Night: Periods of snow. Low around 3. East wind between 6 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Wednesday: Snow likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 25. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Wednesday Night: A chance of snow showers before 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I'm 45 mins west of JF and JF usually gets more snow than I do, due to the mountains. Here's what NOAA is calling for where I live, near Bloomsburg:

OVERALL...ABOUT 10 TO 14 INCHES FOR MOST AREAS...SLIGHTLY LESS

NORTH CENTRAL ZONES...PERHAPS A FEW MORE INCHES IN ISOALTED AREAS

ACROSS HIGHLANDS...AND NORTH OF MDT...ESPECIALLY UP TOWARD

SULLIVAN CO. WELCOME TO WINTER.