Binding questions

n0xidee

Just got a new pair of salomen twin tips. I know nothing about bindings and if there is a difference for bindings used in park and on all mountain. Any advice on bindings I should get would be helpful. I will be riding about 60/40 mountain to park. Also I was wondering where is a good place to get the bindings mounted if I will be riding more mountain then park. Thanks in advance

Edited by n0xidee

What model Salomon twin did you get? This would be helpful. Find out how far back the recommended mounting point is from "true center" on the ski. I usually mount a few centimeters forward of the recommended mountain point, but not true center, and have found that to be pretty good for skiing all mountain but still have a ski that spins nicely.

The skies are Salomon Teneighty Lab CR Alpine Ski 168cm
Very sweet, n0x! Now you'll have edges!!! You're going to have to change your riding style too! Those are an aggressive set of boards. I'd go with bindings directly mounted, like the Salomon Z10's Z12's or 914's, or a set of Rossignol Axium Scratch 110's. These would be good for both mountain and park (are you really going to try to ride Blue Knob's cruddy park???).

Where to get them? At a good ski store! (Like that really helps, huh?) I don't know what Altoona might offer in that regard. Is there a shop in Indiana?

You are going to be one hot doggie on those skies. Be sure to buy a lock for 'em.

Yeah blue knobs park, if you even wanna call it that, sucks, but Seven Springs has three nice parks and its only about 20 mins longer of a ride. And the only shops I know of are one in Pitt and then one in Johnstown. The kis are being sent to my house at home so I will prolly end up going to Buckmans.

The skies are Salomon Teneighty Lab CR Alpine Ski 168cm

Nice. Thats a good ski. Hook it up on the SAC deal? Keep lookin around at shops or online right now. People are starting to blow some stuff out really cheap.

Normally I like to send people to their local shops, but if you really aren't near anything, try http://www.porterstahoe.com/skis-bindings.asp . They are havin' a crazy sale on everything right now. 30% off almost all this years gear, and I believe if you enter "meatloaf" for a promotional code upon checkout, you receive another 10% off. They have a few good offerings from Salomon on there, which if I'm not mistaken will give you a 2 year warranty instead of a 1 year warranty if you put a non-Salomon binding on a Salomon ski.

Edited by freeridintre

Any of the marker free bindings are good, and the rossi scratch bindings are decent. I'd definitely have them mounted about a cm forward of standard position for riding east coast, predominantly trails. And don't complain about the Blue knob until you've headed north on 79 past Erie to Peek 'n' Peak. Yeah... lol, I went to school in western PA.

seriously, mount bindings forward of true center. you'll ski better because of it.

Well, this is a slightly old post, so I don't know if you bought or mounted bindings yet. I wouldn't suggest Marker, they don't do so well in the park. Salomon bindings are usually super light. I would definatly say get Looks, though. They're amazing for both park and groomers. Only trouble is that they're pretty heavy, at least the dual pivots are; most teneightys are really light though, I don't know if the ones you have are though... I have thrusters... but yeah, I'd say get Look and mount them -3 from true center. Unless your skis are heavy then go for high end Salomon, same place.