Looking for Boxes

JibHonk

Well, Shadows and i had a joint effort on this box:

l_739c5f8858b37fbb0c0d0721501a6816.jpg

The frame was made out of 2x4s. After that, dan skirted that mofo with whatever plywood he could find. The topsheet is formica, which slides like a dream. The coping was all me. I took 3/4"black pipe, welded it to length, capped the ends, and welded mounting tabs. The box slides awesome.

The black pipe was about $10 per 10foot length

The formica was $50 for a 4x8 sheet.

If anyone's interested in a sick box, shoot me a pm.

i built 2 boxes a while ago and covered them in a thin steel piece and it slid but didnt go on as clean as i wanted. Does any body know what the name of the white surface material is on the boxes at most mountains, and if so, do you know where i can buy it?

The white stuff you're looking for is HDPE, or high density polyethylene. Look around for plastic suppliers. Though some require minimum bulk orders, you may be able to find something. WARNING- it's not gonna be cheap. Also, some people are against lexan/plexiglass. If you make your box strong enough though, and have the coping dialed right, plexiglass will work fine. Formica is the shit though. Really nice, and priced reasonably.

every box i build i use abs plastic and it slides great! i dont use any coping either, its rare that you catch ur edge, you basicly have to try and catch it

Where do you get that? What thicknesses and sizes does it come in? And what about pricing? That's the shit they make legos out of, abs.