Monday February 26, 2007

SkiCamelback

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes you look so much smarter.

That was a foregone conclusion...

BTW, k2fujativ is a chick that rips...calling her a retard was way too nasty. And she's also so nice that she turned around and apologized to you for somehow being offensive. You should feel pretty bad about that...

OK-- I just got some new info...

The Park crew closed the Big Pipe early last evening due to limited visability in the pipe. It was a combination of the snow & fog that contributed to the decision.

That's the news that I got.

The part "they" left out is that there was only nips in the park and that they were paying someone to tend a park that wasn't being used. Here again, most of your closure decision are justified on paying staff, you use safety as the reason, but that is far from the truth, if there were 25 kids hitting that pipe it would have been open and you know it.

I made a decision saturday to drive home from New hampshire so that I could drop nips at the park to practice pipe before a comp in VT next week while I went to elk. I understand the USASA comp closure- you and art were both witness to that understanding, I asked when the comp was over and the pipe would be reopened and you said 4 or 5 and I conveyed that info to nips - CB has effectively created another rotten experience.

I am sick and tired of the blullshit at camelback, you guys ripped me off by having me believe that there was going to be a quality park worthy of season passes, to make matters worse, you close the features because of what?

I was there between 5:30 and 7:30 there was not any fog only fresh falling snow.

Alright, I do have to side with a few people here and say that CB HAS in fact closed a lot of trails, lifts, etc. for what seem to be rather mild "dangerous conditions." As far as the pipe is concerned- I wasn't there, but that area of the mountain is quite fog-prone. I might give them that. there is a lot more cover at CB then there is at blue as well as a few streams that run down the mountain, which create and trap the fog, instead of letting it loose. And I also believe that CB and blue have slightly different facings. However, like I said, I wasn't there, so I can't judge. As for the frozen precip we got closing down the high speed lifts- definitely can't blame them there. That happens at most resorts.

But seriously, rick james. Fugitive is a hell of a lot more personable then you, and ski's a hell of a lot more intelligent then you, or at least his posts in comparison with yours lend the general public to feel that way. What I'm trying to say here is don't be a prick. Thats the long and short of it.

That was a foregone conclusion...

BTW, k2fujativ is a chick that rips...calling her a retard was way too nasty. And she's also so nice that she turned around and apologized to you for somehow being offensive. You should feel pretty bad about that...

Aplogizing is not above me so I will say SORRY K2FUJATIVE, the retard comment was unnecessary.

Thank you for condescending to me ski I appreciate it; the world needs more people like you. We need people like you to tell people like me when we're out of line. You are worthy of so much more than your insignificant status on this trivial message board and your peon status in society. Take my words as constructive criticism please..... it may look negative by I'm just trying to make your future better. There's a lot of that going on in this forum.... negativity being portrayed as constructive criticism... but you need to read between the lines right?? How many hyperboles did I use just now?

As far as the pipe is concerned- I wasn't there, but that area of the mountain is quite fog-prone. I might give them that. there is a lot more cover at CB then there is at blue as well as a few streams that run down the mountain, which create and trap the fog, instead of letting it loose. And I also believe that CB and blue have slightly different facings. However, like I said, I wasn't there, so I can't judge. As for the frozen precip we got closing down the high speed lifts- definitely can't blame them there. That happens at most resorts.

IWAS THERE!

THERE WAS NO FOG DURING THE TIME THE PIPE WAS CLOSED UP TILL 7:30pm I could see the pipe clearly from glenn lodge --- understand?

The only reason they closed the pipe is because of low usage, plain and simple.

But seriously, rick james. Fugitive is a hell of a lot more personable then you, and ski's a hell of a lot more intelligent then you, or at least his posts in comparison with yours lend the general public to feel that way. What I'm trying to say here is don't be a prick. Thats the long and short of it.

All I was doing was sticking up for CB, something I like to do every now and then since I like the place. Sorry for not being personable.... but I dont wanna date you.

CB is the best mountain in the poconos, thats the long and short of it. And if you don't feel that way, why are you here and not in your fav mountain's respective forum? Thats my other point.

I may stand corrected. The explaination I was told was due to poor visability. I infered that to mean because of both snow and fog. I made the fog statement only based my memory of the mountain that evening (seeing the cloud/fog cover). It was my error to include fog (as a basis of closure). The reason was for lack of visability (due to snow fall). It certainly wasn't due to keeping payrole down. I'll will continue the learn more from the park guys that made the call and post the technical/policy/rational/criteria used.

Did anyone ski anywhere? Please someone finish this thread with a conditions report!!

Timeless, Glenn, Beuler, Beuler, anyone....

Grilledsteez -- how was Blue today??

I never made it out.

All I was doing was sticking up for CB, something I like to do every now and then since I like the place. Sorry for not being personable.... but I dont wanna date you.

CB is the best mountain in the poconos, thats the long and short of it. And if you don't feel that way, why are you here and not in your fav mountain's respective forum? Thats my other point.

sureeee

closing down for the gayest reasons

ok

Timeless, Glenn, Beuler, Beuler, anyone....

I didn't get out, for a variety of reasons. I'm going to guess based on roads, the newly fallen snow today, and the temps that things were pretty slushy all over the mountain, with things getting firmer this evening. Probably some hard pack on the usual hairpins on the green trails, those rollers that develop when snow is beat up on any straight aways, some choppy stuff on the run outs and a variety of conditions on the headwalls. Nile will definately have the best conditions followed by raceway, but who knows if that lift will be open.

I can't possibly beleive that poor visibility was the reason for closing the pipe last night. I rode for several hours last night during the worst of the precip and didn't have any issues bombing down black diamonds, where visibility and reaction time is a bigger deal. It's a halfpipe, your eyes shouldn't be focused on anything further than 20 yards away.

I'm not busting your balls craig, I understand you are just the messenger. Maybe you could pass along that CB gets slammed about this stuff because CB has a "begginner halfpipe" where the lights are such that you can't see one of the walls at night, but during a snowfall (not even a bad one) you close an "expert pipe" because of poor visibility.

You meet with SkiCB and Art Berry? How was that?

No big deal, except they probably closed the pipe on my son just to spite me and then use some lame excuse like snow for the reason to close a ski resort trail. I don't blast people in person, although I should have seized the opportunity, it's just not what is at mind when talking to people on the slopes.

Oh.... and skicb, remember nips concussion last christmas week? what was it doing that day? Everything was open that night. Wasn't there a TV interview with nips on how he liked the rotten conditions because it keeps the crowds down, or something of that nature. You weren't closing then, why now?

Your crew closed that pipe because there was no one that trail, no other reason. No different than closing that lift on super bowl sunday - CB is consistent in thier closures, in spite of the published reasons why - the one thing that is consistent, in all of the closures, was that demand was low. Get over yourselves and admit it - that is what you guys have been doing this year and until I start seeing lifts running without people on them or parks staffed with no one in them will I change my story.

I'm not sure I really understand why you are upset. You've had nothing good to say about CB's pipe on this board and have even said pipe, as a sport, is on its way out in popularity. Next time do everyone a favor and stay in NH or VT or wherever you where.

I'm not sure I really understand why you are upset. You've had nothing good to say about CB's pipe on this board and have even said pipe, as a sport, is on its way out in popularity.

Because, nips was using that pipe for training for a comp next Friday and there was another competition that my son was racing in that I wanted to be home for, on top of that there was a USASA pipe comp so the pipe was in the best condition than it has been all year long. Pipes are on there way out at most places because there is no ROI as CB is finding out.

CB invested probably close to or over 300k in that pipe. I just happen to be the vocal one on this board about its past poor quality up to date, others in our area don't bother saying anything.

Edited by Papasteeze

rick james- I AM in my favorite mountain's forum. I'm a passholder, and I don't usually bitch, whine, or complain. I just find it really immature when someone goes and attacks people personally when they were trying to raise a very valid point. You obviously don't know ski, because if you did you'd know that he's actually an extremely knowledgable and kind individual who has a talent for making things happen at mountains. I'm all for sticking up for CB when they aren't in the wrong. Could they be in the wrong here? From what I'm seeing, more than likely they are. Does it really affect me? Not in the least, as I don't ski the pipe. It did, however, ruin the day for one of the best young freestylers around. I see fault in that. I love skiing, I want as many people as possible to love skiing, and I really like CB. I seriously want to see them get their whole act together so that they can truly stake their claim as the best pocono mountain.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just express yours in a mature fashion, and I think everything's ok.

If pipes are on their way out at most places, you should be thankful for and supportive to CB for their pipe. How does the pipe compare to others in the area? Blues? JFBB's?

if the pipe was shutdown becuase of low use, then you understand as you said pipes in general have a poor ROIs, and maybe, just maybe had you been more vocal in a positive manner about CB, its park and pipe, more people would come to CB and use the pipe, improving the ROI.

Seriously, you people need to take a chill pill. For those of you who are complaining about the pipe... obviously you ride there a lot so they closed it, you can ride it tomorrow. It's their mountain and they'll close whatever they want, either way they're making the bills. If you don't like it, leave. I was up last night and the conditions were pretty amazing on the asp, but I was kinda ticked to see the other half of the mountain closed after they said it was open online. Butttt I got over it and had a nice 2 hour session making the asp my personal friend of the night.

There was crazy fog though, I could barely see people on big pocono... but the pipe was open! Although you had to hike it, so no body was there, the crazy cute park crew boys sat it out and kept it open. So maybe the fog excuse is BS for closing it sunday but you'll just have to get over it, that was sunday today is tuesday. Go ride, and shut up.

Seriously, you people need to take a chill pill. For those of you who are complaining about the pipe... obviously you ride there a lot so they closed it, you can ride it tomorrow. It's their mountain and they'll close whatever they want, either way they're making the bills. If you don't like it, leave. I was up last night and the conditions were pretty amazing on the asp, but I was kinda ticked to see the other half of the mountain closed after they said it was open online. Butttt I got over it and had a nice 2 hour session making the asp my personal friend of the night.

There was crazy fog though, I could barely see people on big pocono... but the pipe was open! Although you had to hike it, so no body was there, the crazy cute park crew boys sat it out and kept it open. So maybe the fog excuse is BS for closing it sunday but you'll just have to get over it, that was sunday today is tuesday. Go ride, and shut up.

Thats it. This is such BS.

How come the girls get "cute" guys to stare at and there aren't any hot chick lifties or anything? I might have to write to CB management about this.

Seriously, you people need to take a chill pill. For those of you who are complaining about the pipe... obviously you ride there a lot so they closed it, you can ride it tomorrow. It's their mountain and they'll close whatever they want, either way they're making the bills.

Why chill? people need to realize, especially in the park and pipe scene that CB, in spite of their printed literature - CB is not concerned about thier parks enough to have them properly managed. I contend that there is one person repsonsible for overseeing the park. Those actions, results and physical features speak much louder than their typed words. Hey Tony, why not come on here and defend yourself? Who is at fault for all the crap we have seen and experienced this year in the park, it certianly isn't skicb's fault?

We are mostly weekend riders this season unless away at a comp - when local riding - those days are essentially training days or hanging out days for my son. I'll admit that we are in a very unique and small segment of the market. We bought passes to CB for the pipe and park as a convienance because I have a son who race trains out of CB. Those passes were a total waste of money. On the other hand, had I bought a ticket for him to practice in that pipe sunday night, I would be even more pissed than I am now.

If pipes are on their way out at most places, you should be thankful for and supportive to CB for their pipe.

Why? I didn't buy $800 worth of passses for a pipe that isn't even open on a weekend. supportive for something that has been advertised in so heavily, for what purpose? Oh I get it, to sell more tickets to noobs who don't know any better.