Writst protection gloves - Flexmeter or Level?

rme

Anyone have experience/input on using Flexmeter or Level gloves with the wrist protection for riding?

yes, I've had the Level gloves with the "biomex" inserts and other then the fact that the gloves (with the liners that the inserts attach to) are too warm in almost all conditions, and the breathable membrane has broken away from the inner in several fingers so they can be a pain to get off and back on, they have been pretty good.

Bear in mind that I've had these since I began boarding and hence to alot of falls on my wrists in the first few weeks, no damage done so I have some confidence that these are worthwhile.

In a big fall I'm not convinced they would do too much to prevent over-flexing the joint, but the seem to spread / dissipate the load well and offer some flexion support.

I don't notice the inserts when riding in them, though I tend to use them less nowadays due to the warmth issue mentioned above.

Anyone have experience/input on using Flexmeter or Level gloves with the wrist protection for riding?

Level gloves are overrated. The fly gloves are huge and bulky, and never stay dry. The short version with the wrist guard are good, as long as you don't fall. Then, all the snow piles right into the glove. As far as the inner membrane goes, it's a total pain in the ass. I rode level gloves for 2-3 years, and they're just over priced. I don't think they ever did anything for me. Falls tweaked my wrists worse than they should have. For the most part I didn't like them, but they were a good reassurance. I don't like wrist guards in general. I had dakine ones this year, but i just sold them. Your best bet is to learn how not to fall on your wrists, even though it's natural.