Park City

toast21602

I'm leaving for Park City/Canyons on saturday with Justo, KT, and Trevor will be making an appearance. should be a good time. i hope we get dumped on. i have never been there before so i dont really know what to expect.

I didn't make it to the canyons but PC is great. Utah is starting to get dumped on regularly at the moment, march seems to be the best time to be there for last few years.

Try not to eat on the mountain too much, PC can be veeerrry expensive.

I'm heading out to Utah later today, but I'm not planning on visiting PC this trip out. You and I have timed this just right. Alta is reporting that they got 4-8" last night and expect 4-8" more tonight. The Canyons reports that they've gotten 52" in just the last week. It'll make for great conditions for early next week. Looks like the next storm comes in around Wednesday, next week. I'm hitting Brighton tomorrow; Snowbasin on Monday; Solitude on Wednesday, and Alta/Snowbird combined on Thurs & Friday. Have fun out there.

In previous years I've skied Deer Valley and the Canyons. I've never been to PC. The Canyons is really great. Once you get off the main gondola, go left. Be sure to make some runs over in Dreamscape, and off the Ninety Nine 90 lift. Its a heck of a playground! I just compared the 2004-2005 map I had for the Canyons with the latest on-line version. Man, the developers have been building lots of roads over there on the far left side! :dunno Check out Snow Meadow and let us know how the Phantasm and Fool's Paradise Glades are, in the new section.

I've been to Park City, Deer Valley, The Canyons, Alta and Snowbird. Alta was the best for ambiance, worst for lifts (no footrests). Best snow. The Canyons had decided to close prematurely and they were unprepared for getting FOUR FEET OF SNOW the week we were there, had re-opened, but were unable to staff the lifts or the amenities at the bottom. Some good cruisers as I recall, but a ghost town when we were there, so quite disappointing. Deer Valley, best food, best architecture, snow that was too perfect and the priciest place I've ever skied. Snowbird....I had a miserable day there and will never go back, but I understand from many that it is a great place. I may just not have been skiing my best that day. All I know is there were way too many RUDE snowboarders around and the place reminded me of New York City. Park City had the best cruising trails and plenty of variety. Convenient to where we were staying and plenty of eating alternatives right at the base of the mountain, which is right at the town itself. The town itself is great.