Shawnee 3/3/07

Stevo

So today I took a little break from Blue. Dale (niftyshifty) and I packed up the dub, and headed to shawnee. I hadn't been to shawnee in 5 years, so it was overdue. Shawnee is where we both learned how to ski when we were younger,and then later snowboard. It was really cool to go back. It brought back a lot of memories of ski club in school and all the fun we had. The lodge even smelled the same. We spent 75% of the day just riding around, doing some ghetto tree skiing and whatnot. We saw, from the lift that someone had dropped a credit card, and later a nice camera. ...they beat us to it, so we came home empty handed. The other 25% was spent in the park. I really can't complain about the park. I had a pretty good time. The park has pretty good flow. A few things to work on for shawnee would be; A- make the jumps more proportional, shorten the lips, make the landings steeper. B-Take the stupid wallride-attempt out, set it up right or use the snow for a jump. C- Get yer park crew kid a rake. The only person maintaining stuff in the park had a square shovel. I think he was like 12 too. But whatever. The drive home was really long though. I kept missing exits left and right, and ended up taking twice as long to get home. Once back home, Dale and I ran out to grab some grub at richards drive in- super awesome hot dogs. Now i'm just sitting at home trying to figure out why my knee hurts, why my ankle hurts, and why my left nut is sore.

All in all, it was a good day. One of my best (if not THE) days this season.

^are you keith? just wondering

different people have different definitions of what "half assed" is.

yea thats me. "half assed" - Not performing in a job to full strength or ability, do to lazyness. (Basically my whole Highschool GPA :rofl )

so hows shawnee now? i might be heading up there this saturday because im tired of hitting the same old 20 foot stepover jump at mountain creek over and over again. what kind of jumps and how big the jumps there at shawnee? is it gonna be good this weekend?