Will they blow snow???

Anybody hear if JFBB is going to blow snow, over the next few nights? I saw that Blue and Sno have on their websites that they plan to. The rumors at the beginning of the season were that they were not blowing during the day, so they would have more money to blow in March. I hope they do :rock .

It won't be April 15th, that impossible, hunter barely makes it that far and their weather is much better than ours (and they go until the grass makes it impossible). I would be happy if JFBB just stays open until the last of the snow melts, as opposed to closing when the money isn't there anymore.

It won't be April 15th, that impossible, hunter barely makes it that far and their weather is much better than ours (and they go until the grass makes it impossible). I would be happy if JFBB just stays open until the last of the snow melts, as opposed to closing when the money isn't there anymore.

Thier base is huge! I am going out on a limb to say that they will make it long with no problem, maybe not 100% but they will make it. Besides, we still haven't got the really big storm yet. Any one remember March 14th 1993?

Thier base is huge! I am going out on a limb to say that they will make it long with no problem, maybe not 100% but they will make it. Besides, we still haven't got the really big storm yet. Any one remember March 14th 1993?

That 1993 storm shut EVERYTHING down;

including the Philly airport.

I seem to remember all the big storms hitting the 2nd or 3rd week of March.

I hope history repeats itself. :)

That 1993 storm shut EVERYTHING down;

including the Philly airport.

I seem to remember all the big storms hitting the 2nd or 3rd week of March.

I hope history repeats itself. :)

a few years back i remember getting hit in April with almost a foot of snow.. it was my birthday (april 29th) and there was snow on the ground and i was out shredding a rail in my yard.. so maybe it will happen this season

BB could make it to April 15th easily. They still had a few trails skiable till around that time last year.. The question is: is it worth their while? and the answer is: probably not... I actually hiked Big Boulder trail towards the end of april last year, and most of it was still skiable, I had to take off my skis once or twice and walk 20 feet or so, but for the most part, it was fine..

Edited by jordan

BB could make it to April 15th easily. They still had a few trails skiable till around that time last year.. The question is: is it worth their while? and the answer is: probably not... I actually hiked Big Boulder trail towards the end of april last year, and most of it was still skiable, I had to take off my skis once or twice and walk 20 feet or so, but for the most part, it was fine..

people definately hiked mountain creek into april/may on the shady side of the terrain park up until last year. then last year the park crew pushed all the snow out flat at the end of the year - why they spent the time/gas to do it only says to me liability insurance made them do it. Otherwise why bother? but before that people used to go up and session the jumps after the season was over. The jibs usually don't even make it to the end of the season they start pulling them out when the feet show. But a table top jump will last a while and you can make a new lip by yourself with a shovel, shovel a 2 foot wide in run and your golden.

Ive never been, but I hear that white lightning at montage is usually good to go until late april too...

BTW, when is CB closing, next weekend? They need to start getting ready for camelbeach right? :rofl

Ha no joke Mountain Creek is closing 2 peaks this weekend. Just another reason why I (and many others) are not getting seasons passes there next year. I would love to see the season pass sales this year vs next year.

93 was still overall the bigger storm. that affected 26 states and 50% of the US population!!

check it out.. we will most likely never see a more perfect storm..

storm_century_1993_noaa_1.jpg

Highest recorded wind gusts included:

144 MPH on Mount Washington, NH

131 MPH occurred at Grand Etang, Nova Scotia.

109 MPH in the Dry Tortugas (west of Key West, FL)

101 MPH on Flattop Mountain, NC (by NCDC employee Grant Goodge

--due to ice accumulation on anemometer, he estimated 105-107 MPH)

Snowfall totals included:

56 inches on Mount LeConte, TN

50 inches on Mount Mitchell, NC (14-foot drifts)

44 inches in Snowshoe, WV

17 inches near Birmingham, AL (6-foot drifts)

Record low sea-level pressures included:

28.38 inches in White Plains, NY

Other highlights:

Havana, Cuba was blacked out

Hurricane-force winds caused hurricane-like damage in Florida

For the first time, every major airport on the east coast was closed

at one time or another by the storm.

Over 3 million customers were without electrical power at one time

due to fallen trees and high winds.

At least 18 homes fell into the sea on Long Island due to the pounding surf.

Extremely cold weather followed including a record low of

2 degrees in Birmingham AL.

Edited by jordan