White outs at Elk 3-5-07

bigdaddyk

I made a quick change in plans and headed to Elk today, instead of Blue. I made the right choice. I got out a little late and pulled in at 8:45 and it was snowing moderately and 22 degrees. Around 11 am, a really heavy squall hit and it was white out conditions. It snowed off and on, more on than off, throughout the morning. The snow wasn't champegne powder, but it wasn't heavy either...it was actually really nice. I left at 12:30 and it was still snowing. My last run down lenape, I actually stopped and went off to the side, because it was a white out and really hard to see. Excellent morning :rock:drool .

IS there still alot of natural snow on the ground up at Elk? I figured it was dumping up at Elk this morning based on the intellicast radar.

They had about four inches of fresh snow, when I left at 1230 and it was still dumping. They still had a decent amount of natural snow from the last storm, but it was iced over.