BB 3-7-07

I was driving back from a day at Blue at it dawned on me that I could hit fresh powder again... twice in one day. I stopped off and got something to eat, then pulled into BB at 2:45 pm and booted up. I hit first lift up and the place was deserted. I hit Mittl-Weg (my favorite BB trail because you can get some speed and make arching turns). There was about 2 inches of untouched, ungroomed snow on it, the snow underneath was already groomed. I got three runs in on that trail before anybody else touched it :drool . A few people started to show up, but nowhere near what you would think for a powder day. I got 16 quick runs in, in two hours and revived my fix for the day. Overall, an excellent day :rock .

BB opens at 3pm. school kids, start showing up about then. I got 3 untouched runs at killy in a foot of fresh last Friday.. :wiggle

Will it still be like that next year? The 3pm opening is the #1 thing that bums me about about Big Boulder. I understand why the do it but honestly if they said like fridays we open Big Boulder all day that would be sweet because I want to hit those parks daylight without the weekend crowd. Friday a lot of college kids have off and they could get an OK crowd. Even if they only some lifts I would be ok with that, you really only need 1 by Freedom and 1 for widow/boulder. They would probably break even on that and make a lot of people happy.